Breast Milk!

TeeUK

Reaction score
Like I need a reminder of what happened.....my boobs are on fire, swollen, leaking, so painful!

I guess my body thinks it gave birth and is producing milk for a baby....how messed up is that!

I really wasn't expecting it....is it normal?

Oh honey, so sorry that your having to put up with more! Colostrum starts being produced around 16 weeks so it's probably normal babes. Awful for you though :hugs: x

I think there are meds they can give you to dry it up?x

Thanks hun I will see if doc can give me something x

I was offered bromocriptine to stop lactation. I chose not to take it as the side effects can be pretty nasty I was told, and the thought of more shit nearly pushed me over the edge. Instead I strapped my breasts up which helped, its not particularly comfortable but helped stop the production of milk.
Its horrifying the amount of things your body puts you through afterwards. :hugs: I hope things become easier for you, and that your body starts to calm down as soon as possible xxx

Last edited:
Are they hard and sore? You want to be careful your ducts don't block, get in a hot shower and massage them. Might help a bit?

aww hun sorry your body is torturing you :hugs: it can take time for your hormones to settle

Doc won't give me anything because of nasty side effects....she said strap them up and take pain killers....it is helping xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back