Breast milk in a bottle

Blueclass

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to post but I thought more people look here and therefore more advice hopefully.
Iv been expressing since my baby was born 12 weeks ago today. Iv started using the gym so thought I'd get the milk out and give the crèche her bottle so she can be fed. However she is refusing breast milk in a bottle. She has one bottle of formula at night and generally takes that fine but no way will she take breast milk. Does anyone have any ideas or experienced this themselves?

Thea went on hunger striker when i left her with OH and bottle for a few hours but he was giving it to her at room temperture but breast milk is warmer. Can they heat it in warm water slightly?

Rowan took a few attempts to drink breast milk from a bottle - she just kept spitting out! She did get used to it in the end though :) But as stephylou suggests, make sure it's nice and warm and just persist - maybe see if she'll take it from your oh first when you're out of the room if she's more used to receiving a bottle of formula from him every now and again, and then try with the creche?

I'm in the same boat Hun, M won't take breast milk in a bottle but will formula. I have to keep throwing the breast milk out and my stocks are dwindling.

My cousin is making up one bottle of formula and one of breastmilk and swops over during the feed and it's working for them (mum very poorly in hospital so expressing and topping up)

Ok thanks ladies I will try and warm it up as we have only tried room temperature. Yes everytime I leave her she goes on hunger strike then I have to leave what I'm doing and by the time I get to her she is in a state. I could leave formula but that will fill her up to long and I don't want that x

She used to take it as j used to express then give that and then top ups but iv got her of the top ups and now she won't take it. I also have to throw it away and it's so annoying x

I have high lipase and it makes my milk go off quickly (if not drank within 4 hours) and taste bad. I had to bin a freezer drawer full I pumped that had gone off.

You can pasteurise breast milk (bring to a simmer) to avoid it turning sour before it is fridged or frozen but it does loose some of its properties in the process.

I tried it and it's not sour so not sure what it could be x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back