Breast milk drying up - How long?

Monkey

Reaction score
So I have stopped BFing E as she was just too savage every time she fed. She drinks loads of milk now so not too worried though still do feel like a failure as didn't quite make it until she was 1 yr.

My question anyway is how long did it take others for the milk to dry up? I was only feeding her before bed every night but it was a fairly long feed. My boobs dont feel any different, not full or anything and it's been the 3rd night without feeding her now. I don't express and haven't had any leakages.

I had 2 days of leakage and engorgement then about 4/5 days later my boobs seemed back to normal x

Oh and your not a failure at all! Any breast milk is beneficial and it sounds like you've done fantastic! X

Aww, thanks, I still just wish I could have held out for another 11 days until her birthday.
It was only the last month that I dropped from about 4 or 5 feeds still down to the 1, during that time my boobs occasionally got full and sore so I thought that once I fully stopped that they would be full after a day or two.

I found cutting down from twice a day to once more painful than when I stopped altogether.

On the plus side you can celebrate LOs birthday with a few glasses of wine now! X

Maybe it will be the same with me then. I was dreading stopping all together with how painful it used to be when I didn't feed her for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back