Breast feeding

lulu

Reaction score
Hi,

Im quite anxious about venturing out on my own when my partner goes back to work.
Lots of things bothering me, like - driving for the first time again, and with baby Jack in the back, getting used to getting the pram in and out of the car, and around the shops etc. But the main thing is Breast feeding in public!

Did anyone else feel like this and did you overcome it? Do you have any advice? I said after the long labour I had, that I felt I could do anything, but this is bothering me.......I think its how other people make you feel and the 'negativity' around the subject.

My midwife said that most people make sure baby has a good feed before going anywhere and then use their cars if they need to, or go have a coffee and do it discreetly (thats ok if you have small boobs and dont cause an eclipse everytime you get your boobs out!)

Isn't it horrible that at a time when you are getting used to a new way of life and all the emotions it brings, you find you have to worry about something as stupid as this :?

I figure that when I have mine I proberbly wont go out for a few days after in that time I should know if I'm prodcuing enough milk or not to give breastfeeding a good go if I can then I plan on expressing my milk for when I go out and so OH can also feed the little one, milk lasts for 48hrs in the fridge so you can express in advance and at least OH can also be involved, cant be bothered to get my boobs out in public and the hassle of finding somewhere suitable to sit and do it without being stared at doesnt appeal. So in short will breastfeed at home and will express for times when we are out and so OH can also help with feeds. Its bad enough having to find baby changing rooms let alone somewhere nice and quiet to sit with baby for 1/2 hour!

Hooray!!!!

I did it.......I got over my anxiety and got my booby out in public!!! :lol:

Went to mothercare to change him, it was tiny and busy. The thing that got me was the mums feeding in there were bottle feeding?????

Anyway, didnt fancy that so my partner and I thought 'sod it' lets go get a coffee. I managed to get my boob out without causing too much of an eclipse, and I also used some muslin to cover up slightly.
I felt more relaxed and it was fine!!!

All that worrying I did as well :? :lol:

Hello

Im glad you got over your fear, although im gonna have the same problem im already nervous and arent even there yet lol, and i dont have big boobs either. Im really shy and horrible with anything to do with my body, so hopefully i get over it and just do it like you .
Good for you :D
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back