Breast feeding and breast pumps

I bought a breast pump too
do they actually work?
Sorry to hijack you question hope you dont mind me adding my own

It looks ok to me- it is quite cheap for an electric,that'sa the same price I paid for my hand held-but as long as it does the job

and Geordie lass,yes they do work.In my opinion the best band is medela or tomee tippee.I have a medela electric and a tommee tippee freedom

I bought a hand Tommee Tippee one from ASDA for a £10! I wasn't keen on electric ones

I have a Medela Mini Electric and it works really well. You can either use it on the adapter or with batteries which is handy when you don't want to be sat in one place for too long (i used to get LOs clothes ready for after his bath while I was expressing)

i've got a tommee tippee manual one as the idea was less scary to me! looks good though :)

BabyBee said:
i've got a tommee tippee manual one as the idea was less scary to me! looks good though :)

Yeah it does - apart from the instruction manual :lol: I looked at it briefly then gave up. It was too complicated for me to understand at that moment

I don't know a lot about electric pumps as I have Avent manual (Isis). And yeah it works :D

Looks ok, looks a little like the medula mini electric too.

Some say on his feedback that it didn't last as long as they'd have like or thought it would and some say the suction wasn't very good.

I guess for that price it'd be fine i paid more for my medula and the mains adapter went pretty quickly :shock: so i bought the avent isis. got on with both.

go for it

lisa&alex has this one, she said its just sucks. not like the medula one that mimics babies sucking.

maybe pm her

hiya i do have this one.. and it has continuous pressure/vacuum on ur nip.. u push a button to make it let go and that mimics a suck.. i litterly shove the pump on.. make it suck a few times by pressing and releasingthe button.. and then im like a cow.. i get off about 3oz from the 2 breasts... personally i think the pumps ok.. if u can find a medula electric pump on ebay 2nd hand for cheaper i would go with that.. this one works.. that i have.. but its not brilliant..i think one that sucks and releases by itself would be easier.. i tried the hospital one out.. and it was easier and got more milk off...due to it mimicing the suck better.. as i said this ones ok.. bit basic but it does do the job..

thanks i'll get back on ebay and have a look :D

I've bought one the advent Isis IQ second hand on EBay. I asked around a lot of friends and did some research......and this came out top as you can control how fast it pumps for comfort...its very clever apparently.

I have had no luck with hand pumps in the past....so have opted for the electric :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back