Breast feeding and breast pumps

Discussion in 'Feeding & Nutrition' started by annem, Jan 23, 2008.

1. annem

annem Well-Known Member

2. Geordie&Bairn

Geordie&Bairn Well-Known Member

I bought a breast pump too
    do they actually work?
    Sorry to hijack you question hope you dont mind me adding my own

3. zebrastripes

zebrastripes Well-Known Member

It looks ok to me- it is quite cheap for an electric,that'sa the same price I paid for my hand held-but as long as it does the job

and Geordie lass,yes they do work.In my opinion the best band is medela or tomee tippee.I have a medela electric and a tommee tippee freedom

4. Bee

Bee Well-Known Member

I bought a hand Tommee Tippee one from ASDA for a £10! I wasn't keen on electric ones

5. kitten1102

kitten1102 Well-Known Member

I have a Medela Mini Electric and it works really well. You can either use it on the adapter or with batteries which is handy when you don't want to be sat in one place for too long (i used to get LOs clothes ready for after his bath while I was expressing)

6. Babylicious

Babylicious Well-Known Member

I've got the avent isis

7. Suzie and Faith

Suzie and Faith Well-Known Member

i've got a tommee tippee manual one as the idea was less scary to me! looks good though :)

8. Bee

Bee Well-Known Member

Yeah it does - apart from the instruction manual :lol: I looked at it briefly then gave up. It was too complicated for me to understand at that moment

9. leckershell

leckershell Well-Known Member

I don't know a lot about electric pumps as I have Avent manual (Isis). And yeah it works :D

10. moomoo192

moomoo192 Well-Known Member

Looks ok, looks a little like the medula mini electric too.

Some say on his feedback that it didn't last as long as they'd have like or thought it would and some say the suction wasn't very good.

I guess for that price it'd be fine i paid more for my medula and the mains adapter went pretty quickly :shock: so i bought the avent isis. got on with both.

go for it

11. paradysso

paradysso Well-Known Member

lisa&alex has this one, she said its just sucks. not like the medula one that mimics babies sucking.

maybe pm her

12. lisa&alex

lisa&alex Well-Known Member

hiya i do have this one.. and it has continuous pressure/vacuum on ur nip.. u push a button to make it let go and that mimics a suck.. i litterly shove the pump on.. make it suck a few times by pressing and releasingthe button.. and then im like a cow.. i get off about 3oz from the 2 breasts... personally i think the pumps ok.. if u can find a medula electric pump on ebay 2nd hand for cheaper i would go with that.. this one works.. that i have.. but its not brilliant..i think one that sucks and releases by itself would be easier.. i tried the hospital one out.. and it was easier and got more milk off...due to it mimicing the suck better.. as i said this ones ok.. bit basic but it does do the job..

13. annem

annem Well-Known Member

thanks i'll get back on ebay and have a look :D

14. Natural mamma

Natural mamma Well-Known Member

I've bought one the advent Isis IQ second hand on EBay. I asked around a lot of friends and did some research......and this came out top as you can control how fast it pumps for comfort...its very clever apparently.

I have had no luck with hand pumps in the past....so have opted for the electric :D