breast fed babies and poo...

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by Lisa_85, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Lisa_85

Lisa_85 Well-Known Member

Hi ladies was just wondering after looking on another thread how often do you LO's poo?

Issac goes everyday at least once sometimes upto 3times and he fills his nappy... I know breastfed babies use up all the milk and only get rid of minimum waste and never thought anything was not right with the amount he poo's but my sisters were bf and they only poo'd once a week

Random thread sorry lol

xx

2. pinkyprincess

pinkyprincess Well-Known Member

Omg my LO is ALWAYS pooing and he's bf.

3. Alexandra84

Alexandra84 Well-Known Member

We range from every other day to four times a day. When she was younger she used to go every feed. We were told at the antenatal classes that both once a week and many times a day is normal for bf babies. The teacher even had twin girls where one went once a week and the other once a day lol!

4. Princess81

Princess81 Well-Known Member

Same here

5. pinkyprincess

pinkyprincess Well-Known Member

Guess we got the short straws!!

6. Franna75

Franna75 Well-Known Member

For the first two months everyday then every second or third day for a months - after that once every seven days! I'm just introducing solids, so we're getting a "solid" more often ;)

7. ISH

ISH Well-Known Member

Mine is a poo machine. If he can get it all over my top and the floor, he'll be even happier!

8. Mrs CW

Mrs CW Well-Known Member

Dylan is a pooing machine! He goes 4/5 times a day - my mum was really shocked as she had always been told bf babies went less than ff babies x

9. Lisa_85

Lisa_85 Well-Known Member

I'm not looking forward to a 'proper' poo changing my 16month old neice makes me feel sick lol

Issac used to poo in the middle of every feed.. he Does like to go when he is bathed and completely dressed for bed now.. he has a little poo face which i can't help giggle at lol x

10. ForestLas80

ForestLas80 Well-Known Member

Same here too! Thought there was something wrong with my milk as he poos so much!!

11. Bunnykins

Bunnykins Well-Known Member

I get tons of poo, at least 3 a day, once he did 7 in one day but he had cluster fed for 9 hrs!!

12. Cantstop

Cantstop Well-Known Member

My bf LO only pooed every few days before weaning, sometimes a week to ten days in between. Now she's 9 months and eating meals she poos at least 2-3 times a day.

13. Sarah13

Sarah13 Well-Known Member

Far too many! We get about 4 a day often up his back and out the nappy! Like bunny we've sometimes had as many as 7 as he also feeds loads. Yesterday we had 3 vest changes, Im slowly switching to cloth nappys as they hold it better and i feel guilty about the landfill one baby makes!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk