Breaking waters

Robyner

Reaction score
So I'm now sleeping with a few towels under our fitted sheet, in the hope that my waters will break naturally ( hoping and praying)

My last pregnancy was very abnormal with a severe case of excess fluid (understatement!) so when the hospital had to break my waters it actually flooded the whole room 3 times over and they had never seen anything as much before.

My question is, am I being over cautious with a few towels or in normal circumstances could the mattress still get ruined? I'm aware it could happen anywhere, anytime or not until they intervene, but I just would like to know what people experienced in normal circumstances.

My waters went when I was in bed with my first. I just had a waterproof backed maternity sheet (you can buy them from the supermarket) which is the same as the ones you get in hospital, but I don't think anything actually went on the bed as I jumped up as soon as I felt them go! I also think I might have had a pad on already but I can't remember. For me there didn't seem to be that much and more came with each contraction. I'm sure one or 2 towels or a maternity sheet would be fine x

That's brill, thank you for your helpful reply x

Uh oh I'd not even thought about that!!! I think I should get one of those sheet things then....from what week in pregnancy do you use it? X

I suppose you could use it anytime if you wanted, but as soon as I was 37 weeks I started to think about it and put the towels under. I thought maybe a big plastic sheet would be sweaty and not nice for dh either, but I might look at what mrs cw suggested.

My midwife gave me a square sheet to put under the bed sheet at my last appt so it may be worth asking for one. (Anyway to avoid spendog money!) X

Im getting paranoid about this aswell lol.
Like what if im on my NEW DFS £1000 SOFA and my waters go lmao!! x

Im getting paranoid about this aswell lol.
Like what if im on my NEW DFS £1000 SOFA and my waters go lmao!! x

Lol tena lights aren't gunna cut it there !!!lol

Haha!

And sayin that i wouldnt like it on my cream carpet either :/ just guna have to stand in the garden lol!

Maybe they wont even go and ill need them breaking for me! X

I bought a pack of the maternity sheets from boots, used them for LO to have naked kick about on once shed arrived :)

Sent from my new shiny iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for this post! I was induced with my first and mine broke at the hospital, where I didn't have to clean the mess. But all that water (and there was a lot, they had to clean my bed three times cause it just wouldn't stop - sorry tmi)....I had no idea what I would have done if it had ruined my bed haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back