breakfast ideas

El1en

Reaction score
Does anyone fancy sharing some healthy, hot breakfast ideas? Well preferably hot but if it's cold and very exciting throw it out there

I really need to try and lose a bit of weight and I know I need to cut down on bread. I love the stuff but I eat so much of it. Where possible I like something hot for breakfast but I'm not a huge porridge fan. I hate cereal.

I've been having poached eggs, two bits of thin bacon and grilled tomatoes which is nice but not every day. Asa treat on a sunday i beans on toast or banana on toast

Something pretty filling, I'm good at nott eating again to lunch but the couple of times I've forced myself to eat cereal it just hasn't filled me

Any ideas welcome

Last edited:
Do you like muesli? A big bowl of that with natural yogurt and fruit makes a very filling breakfast. Not hot though. Not sure how much prep time you have, but how about something like pancakes or omelette? Or just forget about it being breakfast and eat anything you fancy - reheated leftovers?

Your favourite fruits, added ground flaxseed or lindseed for added omega 3 and fibre and full fat yoghurt(no added sweeteners nonsense) you can also blitz it up in a smoothie x

Banana pancakes! Banana mashed in with an egg and fry like normal pancakes. I have them with Greek yogurt mixed with honey and berries. Amazing and so filling! A medium banana and a medium egg makes about 3 pancakes. I put cinnamon in the mix too! I also second the muesli that's lovely. Xx

Last edited:
If you like your bacon I suggest a swap to turkey bacon by mattesons I think I know tescoa do an own version too much healthier and taste really similar
Eg
Turkey rashers
Nutrition

Typical Values 100g contains Per 2 Rashers (50g) grilled
Energy 581kJ (137kcal) 290kJ (69kcal)
Fat 1.5g 0.8g
Saturates 0.5g 0.3g
Carbohydrate 0.6g 0.3g

Whereas a "thin cut bacon" is this

Typical Values 100g raw as sold contains
Energy 748kJ (180kcal)
Fat 12.6g
Saturates 4.1g
Carbohydrate 0.4g

I have natural yoghurt and honey with a sprinkling of sunflower seeds/mixed seeds

Porridge pancakes! 1/4 cup of almond milk, 1/2 cup of oats 1 banana, 1 egg, handfuls of strawberries, blueberries or raspberries, dash of cinnamon, squirt of honey, whizz it up and make pancakes, so delish

fruits, yogurt and orange's fresh juice are perfect for the healthy breakfast

1. omelette with 2 eggs. For this tomato, basil and white mozzarella cheese.
2. 1 egg and 1 banana + (1 tablespoon of muesli) + 1 teaspoon of honey - mix and fry pancakes in a pan
3. 2 slices of wholemeal bread + tomato + ham slice

the possibilities are many :) I think that Google will give you more ideas

banana pancakes:
about 6 cakes
2 eggs, 2 bananas, 1 teaspoon of honey - mix and fry without fat

2 eggs + 2 tablespoons milk, 2 slices of white mozzarella heart - mix and fry like scrambled eggs or omelette.

2 slices of wholemeal bread with cottage chees and tomato

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back