Breakfast ideas for 6month old

MissKW

Reaction score
I am currently weaning my 6 month old and he's loving it. I cook fresh veg and mash it for his dinners, and occasionally do the same with pieces of fruit or he has little bits as finger food.
We bought some baby porridge (aptamil) which he enjoyed for breakfast but I started to notice his chin or wherever the food touched he came out with little rashes which disappeared after an hour or so. I thought it was after wiping at first but it doesn't happen when I just wipe his face generally or when he has his veggies etc, it only happens with the porridge so I really want to avoid all the processed garbage as much as I can especially after his little reaction.
He is breast fed and I would really like some healthy breakfast ideas to try for him :)

My little one loves Greek yoghurt with fruit purée for her brekkie, sometimes for pudding after her dinner too.

I stopped buying the baby porridge and just buy Ready Brek, it still a very smooth consistency but not sure how the ingredients compare - it's works out cheaper though!

I agree with above try ready brek

Strawberries, blueberries, banana, scrambled egg, toast, pancake, yoghurt

My Dd loved black pudding but I don't think I gave her that until she was 8m

banana pancakes - so easy! One beaten egg mixed with one mashed banana - put spoonfuls on the pan and voila! You can vary by adding oats, cinnamon, peanut butter etc.

You could just make your own porridge for him with a bag of oats.

At 6 months my daughter loved weatabix (all mashed into the milk), porridge (I just buy Quaker Oats and make it for us both), frozen waffles with fruit, yogurt and fruit, drop scones, omelette or scrambled egg and toast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back