Breakfast for 6 month old???

Colleen1988

Reaction score
Can you give a 6 month old baby normal porridge oats (plain not flavoured)?? X

Yeah, just as long as they're smooth and not chewy

So I need to blend it?? im giving him mashed foods and small lumps so why does it need to be smooth? I thought we could give different textures at 6 month xxx

Ready break is a good one to start with. I have given my daughter runny quaker oats before now and she's got on okay xxx

If you don't cook enough it's chewy. I don't mean lumpy, I meanchewy.

You can give different textures at six months.
We did baby led weaning and gave porridge fingers, they were chewy, no problems, went down a treat

We never had issue with regular porridge oats, but then I never really pureed so she was used to lumps and chewing.

My lg hasn't taken to Oaty porridge yet but is fine with ready break x

Thanks everyone, I gave normal porridge with puréed mango and he loved it :) I gave him some wholemeal bread lightly toasted with mashed banana on it and he loved it but when he woke up this morning he had a red rash on his face, he does have exzema but I'm wondering if its the bread that's caused the rash or if he's just been scratching at his face all night xxx

Did you make it with formula milk or with normal milk? I used to get this baby porridge, organic stuff from boots If I remember right and put some in too.. Mango is an "exotic" food so that could be it too! My brother in law got a rash from strawberries when he was younger. My MIL took him docs and said to try it again in a couple of months time she did and he was fine :)

Made it with formula milk. He's had mango a few times with no problems though, the bread is new so that's why I assumed it was that. This parenting lark is hard work lol xxx

Maybe the gluten but I would get it checked thinking about it, just see what it could be and if you'd have to re-introduce the certain type of food causing it, back later.. Or maybe it's coincidental and it's something viral so just nipping round gp after weekend won't do no harm or give the HV a ring and see what she says?

Yeah I'll go to the GP and explain what happened. It hasn't botheted him in any other way but it's better to get it tested! They did say he's more likely to have allergies as he has exzema xxx

Is he teething? My little one keeps getting a rash on his face that looks like eczema but we've been told it's a teething rash x

Yeah he's teething like mad... Im changing his bibs like every hour because they are soaked! he bites down so hard on everything and his gums are rock hard! Can't see anything though yet xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back