breakdown... advice needed from mums with toddlers/ small children already

Corrinne37

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Well Im 30 wks and have a little boy who has just turned 4.
He has always had bags and bags of energy, doesnt need much sleep, and never slept all the way through the night!

This weekend had been very busy for us socially and i havent really had the chance to catch up on washing , house chores. Im still working full time. My little boy has slept a lot on car journeys when we have been out and about and not going to bed until 10 - 10.30pm ish

When he does get tired he turns into the devil, wrecking the place and causing havoc. Anyway last night i was so over tired I just wanted to go to bed. He was being so annoying and doing everything to wind me up!
I lost it with him big time and lashed out, I tried to hold him down to get him into his pj's , he stuggled I ended up spraining my wrist he fell off the bed and hurt himself , it ended in tears all round.
I was sooooo angry at him, i was shaking as so angry, then so upset that I got so cross - what is wrong with me- I feel a mess emotionally.
I did nit slepp well last cos of it.

Today trying to get me ready for work and him ready for nursery (he starts school in Sept)
he started messing about again, running off, hiding, just being a little devil.
I lost it again with, grabbing him by his pj's and as he was running they went tight around his neck.
Again both ended up in tears. Now I cant go into work as Im sat here crying.
Why do i feel such a mess.
Is this just hormones????
Its so hard being this pregnant and tired and trying to work and keep up with everything else , i have no patience at all for my son.

Just wanted some advice from someone, am i going mad?? xx

Last edited:
Aw hun, no your not going mad, its amazing how much tiredness, pregnancy and toddlers can affect your sanity :) I'm 37 weeks and my little girl is the same, she does tend to sleep at night though by a reasonable hour, so I've got it easier there. But she does fight her sleep and my got when she gets over tired its like she's possessed! She bites me, slaps me scratches me she's kicked me in the belly I'd like anyone try to tell me to keep calm with her!

I no it gets upsetting, we're supposed to have all the answers coz were mummies :) ha yeah right! The only advice I've got is take a step back breath and don't sweat the small stuff at the minute. Xxx

Thank you much keri!

Yes that's it when overtired they just become possessed!! Xx

I have a 7yr old and a 4yr old most of the time they are good but sometimes they have their moments and i have seen myself in tears to...mostly because of my 7yr old - 4yr old is actually very well behaved. Its just part of being a mum and because we care so much about them. Sometimes my son says really horrible things to me as he is not getting his own way and it just sets me off - prob hormones play a part aswell. its just a roller coaster with kids..you have ur ups when things are great but its only natural in life that they will have down time to and that causes us stress etc....i dont think any mum/dad has an easy life with kids but its the rewards you get that make it all worth it. Pregnancy with all the hormones/emotions and physical changes will not be helping to. xx

Just sending you a huge hug. Remember you are allowed to be human xxx

its ok, being pregnant, working, looking after kids, being a supermum is near impossible, so give yourself a pat on the back for how well you are doing, I would repeat something I was once told about how to deal with my teanagers- Pick your battles.... Its o at the moment to let a few things gowith your 4 yr old, he is just pushing your buttons and it's working... try to ignore some of the lesser bad stuff and say nothing, and really try to pick up on the positive things he is doing, however small... It may be hes wanting attention and any attention will do him , including bad attention for being naughty..

hang in there, it will be alot easier, when you have your body and hormones back soon, even with baby in tow

I just want to say I think your doing just great, and I take my hat off to you. My daughter is almost 10 and through most of this pregnancy i've wondered how mums with younger kids do it at all. Pregnancy is so tough and i feel so lucky that my daughter is at that perfect age where she can pretty much do everything for herself. I dont know how i would cope having to look after a little one and be pregnant too at the same time. So please dont be hard on yourself, and dont think that theres anything wrong with you, you're just trying to be a good mummy and cope with the pregnancy too xx

Thank you ladies for all your kind words, really does mean a lot.

When I got home from work my son gave me a big kiss and cuddle and gave me some flowers he picked for me and told me how much he loved me.
I guess he had thought about it that day as I dropped him off at nursery fighting back the tears and didnt come in with as I usually do.

Yes just that rollercoaster of emotions with children amd over tiredness on both parts but yes its all worth as when he tells me how much he loves me it melts my heart xxxxx

With the pj thing in the morning I'd just say ok we'll go in your pjs and take him in his pjs with a change of clothes packed I would then explain to the nursery teacher whilst he was there that he refused to get dressed. I couldn't imagine being pregnant with a toddler you're doing well xx

yes i should of done that, prob is wasnt calm enough to think of anything rationale! will do that next time xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back