braxton hix contractions

its funny you should say that, I always thought that it would be towards the end of the pregnancy but when speaking to my doctor last week he said I could be experiencing them, and could have since the early stages!!! He said some people are extra sensitive to things and feel it all the way through.

Does everyone experience them? I was under the impression that not everyone has them.

I am pretty sure everyone gets bhc's...It is the body's way of practicing for the real deal...In your 1st pregnancy you probably won't feel them until towards the end...7 or 8 months...With consequent pregnancies u might feel them sooner...I started feeling them at 17 weeks this time around (my 2nd pg)...And I get them like crazzzzy now ( I am 21 weeks )...Maybe you feel them sooner with 2nd and 3rd etc pregnancies because you know what they feel like...Mine reminds me of a hand closing...Thats how I explain the feeling lol...Its pretty much your muscles getting tight and then loosening...If you think you are having a bhc push on your belly like really low and it will feel rock hard...I think they are neat to feel...Like the baby moving,it makes it all feel so real...Hope this helps...
Pansy

P.S.
I usually do not feel them when I am up walking around,being active...Usually when I lie down to count the fetal movements...Which brings up a good point about bhc's versus the real deal...They say if you get up and walk around bhc's will fade away but if its the real deal they get worse...

i didn't have any braxton hicks contractions that i was able to feel at all through out my first pregnancy. i hear they are more common with second, etc. pregnancies.

Braxton-Hicks contractions can be noticed from 12 weeks onwards...like pansy said very ofetn noticed more in subsequent pregnancies as you are aware of your body a little more. Some people are more sensitive than others...If the contractions are so strong it takes your breath away...then talk to your midife or Dr...But to get these is perfectly normal...and not every woman feels them. Just natures way of getting you prepared for the real thing :D

Kieren

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back