Braxton hics question.

masonowen

Reaction score
I,ve been noticing for a couple of days that I seem to be getting a lot of them. I got them lots with my boys but after about 25-30 weeks. Is it ok to be getting lot,s now?

Yeah definately. I remember getting some very uncomfortable ones around the 18-19week mark. Apparently we have them from as early as 6 weeks! But they gradually get stronger and more noticable :)

Just our bodies way of getting prepared! Exciting!

Thanks, I weren't sure if it was ok to get so many strongish ones. They getting on my nerves!!

In fact, I think the ones I got in the 2nd tri were a lot more intense compared to ones I've had in the 3rd tri so far! I remember been laid on sofa and had to breathe through them and rub my tummy til it went. Not pleasant are they!

Last edited:
How far on are you - sorry can't see tickers on my phone. My most intense ones were round about 24ish weeks, they've calmed down a bit now. Dehydration can make them worse so make sure you drink plenty.

Xxx

I,m 17 weeks. Now you mention it, I,ve not been drinking as much recently.

In fact, I think the ones I got in the 2nd tri were a lot more intense compared to ones I've had in the 3rd tri so far! I remember been laid on sofa and had to breathe through them and rub my tummy til it went. Not pleasant are they!

No!! That's what mine are like, I could hardly get off the chair before!!

Definitely try upping your fluid intake. that helped me - i wasnt taking in anywhere near 2L a day. xxx

Dont think id know what they are if i were getting them :) x

Apparently most people have absolutely no idea they are having them. Hence why most people describe them as Painless. Its your uterus contracting - similar to it would in labour.

Its kinda like a tightening of the whole bump - some people only realise they have them cos they feel bump is harder when they touch it - for those of us who are unlucky - it can be quite painful.

xxx

No!! That's what mine are like, I could hardly get off the chair before!!

Mine are the same I have to breathe through mine and rub my tummy too. x

I don't know if i've had any can anyone explain what they feel like? i'm clueless lol xx

I don't know if i've had any can anyone explain what they feel like? i'm clueless lol xx

Well in my 2nd tri they felt like tightenings, particularly quite low down, like someone was stretching my skin, then after about 10 seconds, it released and was gone. Wasn't really what I'd call painful, just uncomfortable, and bearable.

I haven't had many in 3rd tri to be honest, apart from earlier, they were quite strong (weird after I wrote on this post yesterday I'd not had any bad ones recently!) but they were under my bump and on the middle of it at the same time, and felt a lot tighter. Little bit painful, but I coped! :D

Last edited:
Don't think i've had that yet, unless i have and not known about it lol xx

Definitely try upping your fluid intake. that helped me - i wasnt taking in anywhere near 2L a day. xxx

Me either, I normally drink plenty, but over Christmas I,ve been drinking pop instead, thats probably dehydrating me more xx

Apparently most people have absolutely no idea they are having them. Hence why most people describe them as Painless. Its your uterus contracting - similar to it would in labour.

Its kinda like a tightening of the whole bump - some people only realise they have them cos they feel bump is harder when they touch it - for those of us who are unlucky - it can be quite painful.

xxx

:dito: mine feel like someone's squeezing my bump, and it,s quite hard to get up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back