Braxton Hicks

sasswa

Reaction score
Troops,

I can guarantee I am getting these. Started last Friday - not painful at all just very very hard tummy (like a contraction) then it just disappears. Thought it was baby being a cheeky monkey curling into a ball or something but nup, it's gotta be the BH.

My worry is - don't you think it's a bit early to get these? I thought you got them post 30 weeks - I'm only 24 weeks!

Have midwife appointment tomorrow, so will ask her too but god forbid this baby comes early - at least another 10 weeks please!!!

Sass

I got BH really early, earlier than you, but it's not a sign of the baby coming early, they are just practice :)

Just remember, if you start getting regular ones or more than 4 an hour then check with yur midwife xx

I started getting these last week and thought the same as you.... Too Early but I looked it up on the internet and they say you start to get them half way through your pregnancy (20wks) so we are about right.

Mine feel like period pains, does that mean I have a low pain threshhold???? OH NO!!! xxxxxxx

Hi,

Recently i seem to be getting these alot too, and i also thought that it was the baby moving postion......but they are obivoulsy BH.......i am going to mention it when i next have my midwife appointment, but thats not for another 3 weeks, so will be good to hear what your midwife has to say sasswa.

At least we are all in the same boat, i'm going to keep an eye on mine and make sure that they are not too regular!

Amy xx

Hi guys,

Had appointment this morning. All a bit of a non-event really. Does anyone else not particularly like their midwife? I'm not too keen on mine - she's just a bit mechanical if ya know what I mean.

Anyhow - in regards to the BH, she said that if they happened again to call the hospital and they can check you out. Mmmmm......see what I mean, she's not that full of info is she or doesn't try to unnerve me. I'm taking her reaction with a pinch of salt. OH is a panicky old soul and he thinks its all pre-eclampsia coming etc etc. My blood pressure, urine, etc has been fine and baby is measuring on-course so whatever.

Also heard his heartbeat. Nice. Just reassuring really. I think she was expecting me to cry or something.....odd woman.

Anyhow, that's it from me. Haven't had any since so come on this Saturday - 3 weeks holiday cruising the Atlantic!!! Yipee.

Sass
x

WOW can I come?!! Sounds like a great holiday!

Your midwife sounds a bit mechanocal to me too, doesn;t sound like she has her heart in the job. Hope things stay settled and have a fab holiday xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back