braxton hicks

Babylicious

Reaction score
mine have started this last week or so, my tum goes all hard and a funny shape, but saturday they got a bit painful and I coulnd't get comfy either.

Has anyone elses started yet?

Debbie has them, we think. Her stomach gets very firm and she can feel it tensing but they're not painful for her.

From what I've read, they shouldn't be particularly painful.

What kind of pain is it? Does it radiate, or is it more like a stabbing pain?

I think I was getting some last week. I liked them in an odd way LOL. They're not meant to be painful though..

MattM said:
Debbie has them, we think. Her stomach gets very firm and she can feel it tensing but they're not painful for her.

LOL, your post wasn't there when I opened this thread and look! You replied before me Bah. That's cos my dad phoned just as I started to respond!

I havent had anything that sounds like that yet. I think the most he has had is hiccups. well i think thats what it is. my belly will jump every second or 2 for about 10 times then stop

littlepip said:
I havent had anything that sounds like that yet. I think the most he has had is hiccups. well i think thats what it is. my belly will jump every second or 2 for about 10 times then stop

Aww, that's cute! Hiccups are a good sign that baby is developing well. :)

I think i have been getting them since about 18 weeks, my belly goes hard for a few seconds and feels uncomfortable.

Yeah I started getting them about two weeks ago. They're not painful but a bit uncomfortable, feels like i'm doing a sit up. My tummy goes all rigid and my muscles ache.

MattM said:

No it's nothing like a stabbing pain and usually in the same place, it's not mega painful, kind of like a very mild contraction :shock:

Can't remember having them with paris mind that was nearly 8 years ago :shock:

Maybe you're more sensitive to them as it's your second?

I posted this in third tri but anyway. I told my modwife last week that I felt like I was having BH. She said not likely, it was too early. This is my third pregnancy and they are BH! My stomach goes hard like I'm tensing my stomach muscles but they're not painful.

They do get uncomfortable later on but for now it's just your uterus practising contractions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back