Braxton Hicks?

futuremum

Reaction score
Hi!!!

I am 32+ 4 weeks and still have not felt any BH, is it normal? Or maybe I do not recognise them?

Thanks

I don't feel them very often either.
If you have a slight twinge the best way to find out if it's BH or not is just to poke you tum.. if it's rock hard then you'll know. I usually have to do this as mine aren't that obvious.

Lucky you two!!! I have been having between 10-20 a day since the 20wk mark lol

I've just had a quick read on the net and it turns out that I may have been having braxton hicks for a couple of weeks without even realising it.

My tummy does appear to tighten at different points during the day and I now think it was the BH's after all.

Jessika said:
Lucky you two!!! I have been having between 10-20 a day since the 20wk mark lol

Yup me too. I'd say over 20 some days. Today it's been tightening even when I've been resting, which is a bit unusual. I was on the phone to my solicitor yesterday and I had the worst one yet, had to apologise to him for the interruption in conversation and almost passed the phone to DH. If I move I get them, if I lift I get them, if I get stressed I get them. If I sit down and watch Extreme Makeover Home Edition I get them :lol: I'm sure it can't be normal for it to do it so often.

Same as me Urchin, I don't get them very often either. I poke my belly when I think I am having one to see if it's hard. Think it all depends. Some people don't get any at all.

xxxxxxxxxx

Im never sure if I can feel them or if i feel baby movements!!! and im now 36 weeks!!!

I know exactly how you feel, Im getting them fast and furious these days, they really do sometimes take your breath away.
Was getting them every 10 mins last night whilst cooking dinner, ate dinner then they stopped!!!

Hi,

I've only really started getting them now and mine don't last for very long really. Today I'm sure I could feel them travel up from the bottom upwards- is this how others feel them? It happened after the baby got hiccups and then started wriggling around!

+++

Well it is hard to say because my belly is often hard but I think it is when baby is right against it, I do not feel any kind of contractions or tightening.

What I have got very often though is palpitations and breathlessness. It happens several times a day and at any time. Sometimes, i even have to have a break to butter my toast in the morning. When it hits me, i can hardly do anything!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back