Braxton hicks!?

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Holizabeth90, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Holizabeth90

Holizabeth90 Well-Known Member

Lots of tightening and cramp feelings for about 45 seconds - 1 minute every few minutes. Started on one side, now on both sides. Same thing Sunday, having to breathe through it.

Does it sound like braxton hicks!? The pain!!!

2. .Ruth.

.Ruth. Well-Known Member

Just keep an eye on them... I get them for an hour or so but they always stop eventually.

Think its important to remember that preterm labour is always a possibility so dont let anyone just brush it off if it doesnt feel right xx

3. dmkirk89

dmkirk89 Well-Known Member

deffo if they start becoming regular and the tightening doesn't stop when you stand up or walk around deffinately call the midwife!! But Braxton hicks are totally normal that some women feel pretty much their whole pregnancy, i started feeling them at about 37 weeks xx

4. Gemsy

Gemsy Well-Known Member

Yes, agree with Ruth. Its not impossible to be in labour, and no one will ever tell you off for being overly cautious in being checked out.

I have the odd Braxton Hicks but they are very unregular and don't last for any significant time.

5. dmkirk89

dmkirk89 Well-Known Member

i don't feel pain with mine they are just uncomfortable i can still eat my dinner and talk through mine so obvs not that bad lol x

6. Gemsy

Gemsy Well-Known Member

Yeah, same for me. Its just tightening, I just carry on as usual, but it is umcomfy.

7. l_maclean

l_maclean Well-Known Member

I have pain with mine. Signs of it being labour as opposed to BH is regular pattern & increasing strength.

Best thing is to rest. I had false labour with my DD1, and walking etc will speed up contractions - I could get mine up to 3mins apart, but they went back to 10mins if I rested. Exercise will make BH worse as well.

Xxx

8. Constantstar

Constantstar Well-Known Member

Ive been having quite a lot this eveninf. I have been proper moving things round flat today tho! X

mummy to ds 11/7/11
    pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13