Braxton Hicks

Vicm

Reaction score
Has anyone else not had any? I've not had a single one and feeling a bit left out :eh:

aww dont feel left out they aint nice ! lol you sure you havnt had 1 single one?? you might not have noticed if they are that light? mine started at 28 weeks and were really light but defo there. i wondered what the hell they were!:shock: its like a dull period type achey pain that can come and go within seconds. ya tummy doesnt always tighten with them either. mine have been constant every day on and off from about a week ago now gettin stronger as well xx

I don't think I have! I'm. 30 weeks, I've had the occasional tightening but it doesn't hurt & I think it's just him rolling over! Guess we'll know the real thing when it happens! X

I'm not totally sure if I have! I do get a bit period type cramp/butterfly feelings on and off but midwife said that's probably from head being engaged... I've had no tightenings either and when I mentioned to midwife about not having Braxton hicks she said 'oh you will of done you'll of just not noticed'! Xx

I have had NOTHING!

My midwife advised that this doesnt mean that you wont go into labour naturally...so try not to worry.

I am starting to doubt her though..... :(

Nope, I'm 36+4 and not had one. I'm not even 100% sure if I had them last time.

I don't want them judging by what my friend went through.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

I have had NOTHING!

My midwife advised that this doesnt mean that you wont go into labour naturally...so try not to worry.

I am starting to doubt her though..... :(

Like I said, I'm not sure I had them last time. I never had anything like the things people on here describe. And I went into labour naturally.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Im 37 weeks and pretty sure ive not had any yet. I may have.. but just not noticed xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

You're probably having them but just don't notice them.. I barely realized I was having any with my first pregnancy. They can be very subtle for some women.

Yay I'm not the only one then :) I'm pretty sure I haven't had any. I haven't had any pains or cramps or even twinges really. Only time I feel anything low is when I feel him moving loads high up and I get a little niggle down low but its defiantly not a pain or tight feeling.

I keep boinging on my ball hoping I might feel a little something.

Then you are having them. BH are a tightening of the uterus. I have very large ones right now but they are not crampy or painful. My tummy just gets very tight and hard and the relaxes, then does it again. So if you are feeling tightening, you are having them!

Some women feel pain or cramps, but consider yourself lucky your are just tightening.

Edit: Oh sorry I thought you said you felt tightening, I misread.

Last edited:
You probably are having them but if they are not very strong are not feeling them or just think it's down to baby moving around. I have them constantly now and my tummy goes rock hard and can get quite uncomfortable. Just wish they would turn into something more :-(

By normal definitions of BH, the majority of women don't notice they are happening.

It's only if your (UN)lucky that you spot them.

Very bad luck if like me they are painful!!!

I suffer with pretty bad ones :(
Very heavy tightenings and pain, to the point it stops me doing anything and I have to sit down! I had them in my first pregnancy too, think they started about week 26 for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back