Braxton Hicks

newbump

Reaction score
Hi

Just wondering when you normally start to feel these, and if they are obvious, or could they be mistaken for the baby moving around??!!

Natalie x

Someone at my ante-natal class asked this yesterday and the midwife said that they could- yes. She also said that sometimes it's as if the womb has had enough of all the kicking and contracts to calm the baby down as kicking sometimes comes before a BH! I still don't think I've had one though. She said that a BH is more sudden than a proper contraction which builds up to a peak and then fades away.

+++

IM 37 WEEKS AND AM NOT AWARE OF ANYTHING HAPPENING, MIDWIFES NOT ASKED ME EITHER, LITTLE ANNOYED WITH HER I WENT THRU YEST AND WAS IN AND OUT IN 5 MINS AGAIN AND SHE SAID COME BACK IN 2 WEEKS, I,LL BE 39 WEEKS THEN, I SAID TO HER WHEN WILL WE DISCUSS THE PAIN RELIEF I WOULD LIKE ETC AND SHE SAID HAVE U NOT BEEN TO PARENT CRAFT CLASSES, I SAID NO AND SHE SAID YOUR PROB THEN ISNT IT, YOUVE MISSED IT WE DID IT LAST WEEK, ALSO I TOLD HER I FELT SORE DOWN BELOW AND SHE LOOSLEY SAID OH ITS PROB A STD YOUVE CAUGHT??!!!!!! FELT TEARFUL WHEN I CAME OUT!!! HORMONES!!! BUT I KNOW THE KIND OF PAIN RELIEF ITS JUST IT SAYS IN MY BOOK YOU TELL THEM WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE AND THEY GO THRU IT WITH YOU WHAT HAPPENS ETC, I CANT GET TO CLASSES AS I WORK FROM HOME AND FRI MORNINGS ARE MY WAREHOUSE DAY, DOES THAT MEAN THAT I SHOULD BE MADE FEEL A SCAPEGOAT???!!! ALS SHE DOESNT EVEN MEASURE MY BUMP, AND I DONT KNOW WHAT POSITION THE BABYS LIED IN, SHOULD I KNOW THIS BY NOW?

That is awful, dont think i could have kept my mouth shut if i was spoken to like that by my midwife! how rude! :evil: Well the baby should be lying head down by now, my book says they should turn by 32 weeks, do you feel more movements up by your ribs? and does it fell more squishy down towards your pelvic?

yes exactly like that, all the movements feel high up and lower down my tummys gone quite soft again, feel quite annoyed now with that midwife she wasnt my normal one but ive had her the last 2 times, gonna cancel next appointment as she seems to cause more harm than good!!!! makes me feel like im a daft little girl whos made a mistake and i cant stand being spoken down to specially when the babys gonna come into a stable environment with loving parents and family etc, it wasnt a mistake it was bloody planned, felt like trottling her!!!! :evil:

Sounds like your baby is the right way round then! I would complain about her if i was you, there is no need to talk to anyone like that :evil: even if it was a mistake its nothing to do with her anyway, shes not there to judge you, she is there to give you adivce and make your pregnancy run smoothly!

thanks for advice, yeah thats what my mum and my fiance said i should do as you would if it was someone in any other line of work, will do after i have baby!! thanks for reply, its really good to have this forum as its nice to chat to other people about experiences, stretch marks etc!! xx :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back