Braxton Hicks

Tiny Sue

Reaction score
Hi guys

Just a few questions about these...I feel that I started having BH in the last week or so which is about 19 to 20 weeks. They have become stronger since I went back to work, and the other day I jumped up rather quickly from my chair and EVERYTHING contracted. It was a very startling feeling and my stomach and uterus were tight for about 2 minutes before subsiding. I continued to get them strongly on and off for a few hours and had a major backache before going to bed. BUT baby is still kicking away and I felt great today.
Are they always that startling and uncomfortable or was that a particularly strong one? I understand that they are painful for some women, was just wondering what was normal...but I suppose that the answer is the same as for everyone else - everyone is different so practically everything is normal!

Sue

I have been having them stronger for the past 2 weeks, they are so annoying, some of them do take my breath away, while others are just in the back ground.

midwifes always say, they dont hurt, just unconftable, well they do bloody hurt! lol

I think yours are normal but if they get to the point where you are in alot of pain, i would check with your midwife

xx

Thanks, Layla...

I would have to ask the doctor, which I think I will at my scan in 4 weeks' time. We don't get allotted a midwife at all, there are no visits to the house etc, and our scan at 12 weeks is for most women the first contact they have with a doctor about their pregnancy after the big fat positive!

However, thanks for the advice...the BH have continued on and off over the weekend, but nothing as alarming as all that first one. I'm beginning to accept them as just another symptom!

Hope all well...

Sue

Just when I thought I had got used to all my little niggles.

Along comes another one! Not looking forward to that one!

I think have had braxton Hicks too while I was on holiday. Can they be linked to stress, because I got them when me and OH had a row.

yup I get them too!! If you over do it or are stressed you can get them more yeah!!
The midwives say they are uncomfortable but not painful but I think it depends what u consider painful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back