Bras

hedgehog2000

Reaction score
Hope this isn't too much of a daft question, I'm 12 weeks pregnant and I need to buy some new bras ASAP. I've heard non wired is best. Is this true? All advice greatly received

Yeah, non-wired are best, I've started wearing them recently and they are sooooooo much comfier, just a tad unattractive! (I'm wearing the sports ones)

xx

boy are they unattractive. I feel my chest is down at my ankles after spending years in underwires. I went to get fitted at the weekend and the girl who measured me gave out to me for wearing an underwire. I actually bought a Triumph Doreen. It's pretty comfortable considering how sore my breasts are.
S

Hiya ....

I got a right telling off from the woman in mothercare who fitted me for my new bra... i got told that you shouldn't wear underwire bras whilst pregnant or a few months after birth...

I got a 2 pack for £20 in mothercare and find them ok ... not as sexy as my matchin undies sets .... but hey plain white bra's n granny pants here we come!!!

Have found them comfy and there not as tigh, so my soreness doesn't feel as bad as it did at first ...

Imogen
xxx

Imi-mum-to-be - I too got a telling off in Mothercare for wearing underwired bra's!!

Apparantly they stop the milk ducts from working / producing properly and they provide 'all round' support so you dont get stretch marks (which was the reason I decided to do as I was told for once!!)

Get yourself measured properly - I got Mothercare to measure me then went matalan - I got some really good ones which were quite cheap!

L x

if your after a really good support sports bra that isn't going to break the bank!! try asda... their non wired sports bras have really good support. They hold you up really well... and only £4... come in black or white... not sexy but comfortable and hold your boobs in the right place!

Hi all,

I was in Mothercare at the weekend and I have to say I was very disappointed by the lack of choice.. I am a complete lingerie girlie.. I have so much of it and wearing large granny type white non wired bras will make me cry!!!

However I did buy a couple and yes they do feel good but I just cannot get myself to wear it.. tut tut!!!

Must look for some sports bras as they tend to minimise you a bit too.. and working with men all day I think less attention to that area would be great!!

x

Hayley, I have one of those £4 sports bras from Asda!! They are so comfy, and a complete bargain!!!!

I'd definately recommend one to you Anna Marie, they are ugly, but so comfy that you don't care!

Sam xx

So do you still need to change from underwired if you're not planning on breastfeeding at all???

I'm also a real lingerie freak! I've got one drawer for thongs, and another for bras and they all have their matching partner in the other drawer. I just can't bring myself to wear something ugly that doesn't match!! :shock:

Tankett you have given me a smile, I am exactly the same with my matching sexy sets :D but when I went into M&S and got fitted, I got told off for wearing an underwired bra and for wearing something that was a size too small, lol!!! I don't know about breastfeeding, the lady just said that underwire is a no no when pregnant, so here I am in my really unflattering maternity bra, ugh :shock:

Xxx

tankett said:
I'm also a real lingerie freak! I've got one drawer for thongs, and another for bras and they all have their matching partner in the other drawer. I just can't bring myself to wear something ugly that doesn't match!! :shock:

Lol Tankett your post made me smile. I'm going to take a pic of the gastly big knickers I am having to wear at the minute. When I first got Pg I was a size 8/10 now Im wearing size 16/18 knickers and I got them from Matalan (cheapest I could find - cos I refuse to spend money on things that will be binned by the end of next month!!!!!)

Unfortunately girls you have all this to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Lisa for cheering us up :wink: :wink: :wink:

I used to manage a lingerie store in NY so I have loads and loads of gorgeously sexy sets.. about 3 bin bags full!! its very depressing but I have already removed them all so that I don't get tempted to wear them.. they are now hidden in the closet along with all my size 10 clothes that I cannot wear [soon to be joined by all my size 12 clothes!]

I am defo with you tankett.. ugly non matching sets are just a no no.. its hard enough feeling sexy with this spare tyre around my middle and not being allowed to wear tight trousers and heels.... and now ugly bras.. its all just too much...

so.... when does being pregnant start being fun and when if at all do we [and HOW?!] feel good about ourselves!!

lisa31 said:
I'm going to take a pic of the gastly big knickers I am having to wear at the minute. When I first got Pg I was a size 8/10 now Im wearing size 16/18 knickers and I got them from Matalan (cheapest I could find - cos I refuse to spend money on things that will be binned by the end of next month!!!!!)

Unfortunately girls you have all this to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

No Lisa!!! Nooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Why, why, why!!! Leave me in my delusional state!! I'm still going to be wearing my 10-12 thongs when I'm 30-odd weeks won't I???? I haven't worn any 'big' knickers since I discovered thongs 10 years ago. I don't think I could cope!!! What about VPL????

Big LOL Anne Marie

I really hope you are one of the lucky ones - I have to be really truthful, that for me pregancy has not been fun from day one - i think I was a bit niave about how pregnancy was. Of course some women bloom but unfortuantly that was not to be for me :( .

My moans and groans are :x :

Not had a proper nights sleep since october (well I can think of two nights) I am going loo at least every half hour - all day and all night - been checked out and there is nothing wrong with my waterworks dept apparantly - just 'one of those things!'

Ankles / feet / wrists and hands really swollen

Breathlessness / bad tiredness from low iron

Bad back from falling down stairs which meant I couldnt sit on my bum at all - so had to sit and lie on my side for 3 weeks, couldnt drive, couldnt walk properly - all this at 8 months pregnant aint much cop!

In fact sexy underwear has been the least of my problems!!!! but I really hope it is different for you girls. My neighbour who has just had her little boy always looked great and it really suited her and she always said she felt really well - I suppose we are all different!

In fact the nicest thing I can think about pregnancy is that there isnt one stretchmark in sight (YET!!!!) and my nails have grown very quickly and are very strong! Havent been like that since I was about 20!

I must say though all that underwear sounds very posh from NY - dont lose heart you will be in it not long after your little one is here!!!!!!

L x

Aah Tankett... vPL.. don't do those... I too only have a few pairs of big knickers - don't want to have to dig those out.. god forbid!!

Lisa.... yes I know you have not had an easy time of it but at least you can still laugh.. we have to laugh otherwise we will cry!!

I think I will just wear my ug jug bras from mothercare with gorgeous thongs.. for as long as possible [and is comfortable!!] I have to wear a cotton lycra cami to bed as boobs so sore if not.. now wear OH's jersey boxers around the house.. luckily for me he finds that quite attractive whereas I just feel a frump!!

Anyway I should not complain.. I am very happy to be a Bod carrier.. just hope as you say Lisa we can all go back to being sexy drop dead gorgeous [without liposuction, plastic surgery etc] soon after these little nippers have made their arrival!!

like you lisa I pee every hour, even at night.. drives me crazy but I have a kidney condition which is aggravated during pregnancy so it will only get worse for me!! I had to get OH to pull over on motorway last night as suddenly needed to go.. shot over the bank and peed under a tree that had no leaves or cover.. everyone on the road could have seen me bearing all.. god the things we endure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by the way.. well done for no stretchmarks.. what's your secret? just good diet and no weight gain or some magic cream you can let us in on??
:wink: :wink:

Anna - Mothercare do some maternity thongs - I got some for christmas but just cant bear the thought of a thong lol - dont know why just seems way too uncomfortable! But I too wear my D/H jersey boxers!!! - they are really comfy aren't they! I usually wear them to bed (Soooooooooooo sexy :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Bod Carrier - I like that!

Sorry to hear about your kidney condition - I hope that it doesnt become majorly uncomfortable as bod gets bigger. I know what you mean though about having to go. I had to go dentist this morning and had to walk cos of still not being able to drive (its only about a 10-15 minute walk) but I was about ready to go in the bushes on the side of the road - and I'd only been out of the house about 5 minutes!!!!!

Thanks for the compliment on the stretchmarks (or no stretchmarks!) - no secret - I have pigged out so much since being Pg. I had just got to goal at WW was just slightly under 9 stone and they were a bit mad with me cos I'm 5ft 7 so I was bit too skinny really for my height (I bet they would love to see me now!!!) but since the beginning I really craved chocolate wheras normally Savoury is my downfall.

Anyhow I have just non-stopped ate - my thighs are beginning to show it :shock: (but I need something to hold up my belly lol (thats what I tell D/H!!!). The creams I have used have ranged from Avent stretchmark cream (which I wasnt that anourmed with) and tescos cocoa butter which smells lovely. For a while I have been using Boots mediterainan (spelling is useless!) its got orange and olive oil in it I think - I love the smell of that so have been using that for a while.

Some friends of mine who have been pregnant really recommended using sunflower oil - but I just couldnt bring myself to put that on my body! It doesnt actually smell of anything when its on but ugh - nahhhh gave that a miss!

L x

LOL.. sunflower oil.. weird!! with you on that one.. won't be trying that!!
Yes I use cocoa butter anyway - I love the smell as I am a complete chocoholic too!! The boots med one sounds lovely..

Thongs.. took some getting used to but been wearing them for over 13 years now... just don't feel them anymore!

Don't worry about the expanding thighs.. I look like a Bod myself.. all middle, hips and thighs and like you I was my ideal weight and fitness when I got my BFP in Dec.. I was jogging 3 miles every day and walking my dog as much as possible and eating very healthily.. then of course BFP and not allowed to even lift a weight or walk fast [due to history of m/c] so with Xmas sitting around on my backside for 2 weeks eating non-stop and no exercise I soon became a blob!! Some days I feel depressed about it but others like today I just say.. what the hell and put on a leather skirt, some high heel boots and cover up my middle with a loose shirt.. no -one would notice the difference except me!!!

My kidney condition means I pee alot more and affects my immune system so I do have to be very careful getting infections and even a common cold will last months with me so its a bit of a pain.. and it affects my blood pressure so they are keeping an eye on me which is reassuring. It may cause pre-eclampsia so they will monitor me closely towards the end I expect.

xxxx

i've been laughing at your posts... your underwear stories made me laugh.. and yes i have 3 draws.. top one knickers (thongs) midle one bras and the bottom one socks and tights... I do slip thou when it comes to matching!!! (sorry - your gonna hate me) but i find certain thongs go best under trousers and skirts... my skinny cheese cutters look best with tight fitting pants.. my nice lacy ones go best with my skirts.. then my tops!!!! my lacy push ups look nasty under a nice white tee as the lace looks like braile... so i tend to wear non matching - sorry!!!! but i do match when possible...

When i was going in for my clevage improvement op i had to buy a pair of big white knickers!!! didn't want to give the surgeon an eye full lying on the operating table in a littl sexy number!!! since then i've found little cotton cute shorts very comfortable.... just bought some to go with my non wired unsexy sports bra!!! also you don't get a VPL with shorts...

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back