Bras?

Looby82

Reaction score
Hi Girls

I need help I'm so clueless!

My boobs have grown quite a bit (yippee!) and now some of my bras don't fit me.

Someone mentioned maternity bras but I have no idea what these are or if it's too early for me?

Should I just get some bigger bras for now?

L xx

Hey hon,

I went to M&S last week for a fitting. They will bring you a selection of nursing/maternity bras and make sure you are fully supported. You can then use the nursing bras for when you are breast feeding - that's if your boobs stop growing at some point :shock:. xx

hey, mother care do maternity bras for pregnancy not for breast feeding. they're ok, but i personally prefer the underwived bras as i've got a large cup anyway. Get new bras when you need them, only you will know what is comfortable and when :)

I went to M&S for advice, I had gone up 2 cup sizes at 6 weeks pregnant! :shock:

They recommend that you don't wear underwired bras during pregnancy, but she said it wasn't really necessary for me to get a maternity bra, as I'll probably grow out of these in a couple of weeks, so she brought me the non wired tshirt bras, they are really comfy and a bargain at £16 for a 2 pack :) - They look really decent too

Thank you girls, I think I will head to M&S!

I think that my bra's digging into me is causing me to feel more sick!

L x

Hey hun, I went to M&S, got re-fitted and got some maternity and nursing bras too :) they're so comfy! Lol x

I went and got a bigger bra too as wasnt comfy and not fitting properly. She gave me the option of underwired or not as she says you can only wear underwired untio 6 months so Ive got a fair bit to go yet. My boobs have stopped being sore for the time being thankfully x

I used to be a bra fitter :) nursing bras are the ones where you can drop the cup down to get your boobs out for breastfeeding, maternity bras are just comfy non-wired bras which are designed to be suitable for pregnancy. You don't need to get a special maternity one, any non-wired bra will do.

You can still wear wired bras as long as you're comfy in them, but do make sure they fit properly and that the wire isn't digging into your breast tissue at the side. I'm still wearing my wired ones as our local shops have the most minging grannified non-wired bras. Need to get online I think!

When buying your new bra, make sure it is comfy on the tightest hook so that you have room to make it a bit bigger over the next weeks/months.

I wouldn't bother investing on any nursing bras at this stage-they recommend you get measured at about 38 weeks as by then you'll have probably changed size again

Thanks girls, that is great advice. I will get an non wired one I think as the wire is diggining in and leaving red marks.

I used to like the wire for pushing them up as they were only small but I don't need it now!!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back