BP meds not working

MamaBear79

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm new here and hoping for some insight and information on what to do about my blood pressure being out of control.

I am 39 now, have 4 son's my last child being born in 2008, so it's been a long time since I've carried. This pregnancy was very unplanned and unexpected. Prior to concieving I was on Lisinopril and Norvasc which worked well.

I am 8 weeks 6 days, started on Labetalol about 4 weeks ago, I'm up to 400mg 3x a day and it's not touching it or making any difference. My best reading yesterday was 160/100 but I'm staying around 200/120 ranges which I know is not ok. Called my OB and they wanted me to go to maternal fetal medicine doctor, the current ob would not change meds. I'm incredibly frustrated and stressed.

I am dealing with bad headaches from the time I wake up until I go to bed. In general just feeling bad.

Any help or advice? I am actually considering not continuing on as I'm scared for myself. Not wanting to die trying to carry. Any help is appreciated.

I can't help with any advice, just wanted to wish good luck with any decision you would arrive at.

Hello all, I'm new here and hoping for some insight and information on what to do about my blood pressure being out of control.

I am 39 now, have 4 son's my last child being born in 2008, so it's been a long time since I've carried. This pregnancy was very unplanned and unexpected. Prior to concieving I was on Lisinopril and Norvasc which worked well.

I am 8 weeks 6 days, started on Labetalol about 4 weeks ago, I'm up to 400mg 3x a day and it's not touching it or making any difference. My best reading yesterday was 160/100 but I'm staying around 200/120 ranges which I know is not ok. Called my OB and they wanted me to go to maternal fetal medicine doctor, the current ob would not change meds. I'm incredibly frustrated and stressed.

I am dealing with bad headaches from the time I wake up until I go to bed. In general just feeling bad.

Any help or advice? I am actually considering not continuing on as I'm scared for myself. Not wanting to die trying to carry. Any help is appreciated.
How are you?
If your doctor is not helping you change meds or explaining why they think what you're on now is the best, get a second opinion for sure. If what you're on is a good thing in some ways but causes a lot of symptoms, see what all you can do to comfort yourself from having those symptoms. If your dealing with a lot of stress about this try to pamper yourself- take nice long baths, a walk outside, have some herbal tea or warm milk with honey in the evenings.
Just wanted to show support, I'know it's been a month or two- would appreciate an update on how you feel!

Hi,

I’m in a similar situation with BP meds. I was taking a few different meds prior to finding out and now they have stopped some due to not being recommended in pregnancy/unsafe for baby.

I am finding that my BP and HR is already creeping up and I am symptomatic. No scope for them to increase as I am already on the maximum doses of everything I’m prescribed.

such a worrying time. Hope you are feeling okay xx

Hi,

I’m in a similar situation with BP meds. I was taking a few different meds prior to finding out and now they have stopped some due to not being recommended in pregnancy/unsafe for baby.

I am finding that my BP and HR is already creeping up and I am symptomatic. No scope for them to increase as I am already on the maximum doses of everything I’m prescribed.

such a worrying time. Hope you are feeling okay xx
The user hasn't been online in almost a year hun.x

Oops thank you for replying. It wouldn’t have even entered my head to check dates of postings lol. Thank you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back