BP meds not working

Discussion in 'High Risk Pregnancy' started by MamaBear79, Jan 10, 2019.

1. MamaBear79

MamaBear79 New Member

Hello all, I'm new here and hoping for some insight and information on what to do about my blood pressure being out of control.

I am 39 now, have 4 son's my last child being born in 2008, so it's been a long time since I've carried. This pregnancy was very unplanned and unexpected. Prior to concieving I was on Lisinopril and Norvasc which worked well.

I am 8 weeks 6 days, started on Labetalol about 4 weeks ago, I'm up to 400mg 3x a day and it's not touching it or making any difference. My best reading yesterday was 160/100 but I'm staying around 200/120 ranges which I know is not ok. Called my OB and they wanted me to go to maternal fetal medicine doctor, the current ob would not change meds. I'm incredibly frustrated and stressed.

I am dealing with bad headaches from the time I wake up until I go to bed. In general just feeling bad.

Any help or advice? I am actually considering not continuing on as I'm scared for myself. Not wanting to die trying to carry. Any help is appreciated.