Boy's names

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supersoapie

Reaction score
I can't really think of ANY boys names that I like! I loved Noah to begin with but OH says that's a definite no so since then I've been quite keen on Theo? But do you think that's really common at the moment?

I'm not too fussed on the really common names and want something a little different but am genuinely stuck! Surname is Davies (pronounced Davis) ... any ideas?!

xx

We have chosen Theo Jack if this one is a boy, we already have a Max Dylan. I don't know any other Theo's so it doesn't seem to be that common in my area. I also like Freddie and Oscar xxx

I was just about to post a thread like this im starting to feel worried as I really don't like anything atall I really only have one name callan but dont like the spelling was thinking kalyn kallyn or kallan .. no one else seems to be keen on it so its disheartening as its the only one I like im also up against a really difficult surname knapp which dose sound quite ridiculous with some names ive tryed it all just sounds such a mouthful but kalyn knapp.. I dont get it I think thats really nice but everyone is screwing there stupid faces up when I tell them!!
Oh im sorry for the rambling I think theo Davies is lovely I thing a 4 letters name is nice with that surname what about finn Davies thats super cute xxx

My LO is Noah :) and Theo is on our boy list when we start ttc no2 next yr..

I think they r gorgeous names! Id try talking ur OH around x

Ooh Roxie, I have a friend whose little boy is Cailan (pronounced Kaylun) which I really love! I think if you're going to go with Callan you should stick the the 'c' spelling rather than him have a double K? I think it sounds nice so don't worry what others say! Another friend of mine picked Riley even though all her family screwed up their noses and now they all admit (he's about 6 months now) that they couldn't picture him as anything else!

Yeah I think I really like short names with Davies as the surname! As it's so common here in Wales too that's why I want something a little different x

Last edited:
Im from Cardiff, and since having Noah LOADS have popped up! Same with Theo.. Seems to be very common here but i still really like it xx

I've just found out were having a boy. I had a MASSIVE list if girls names. But boys names are so hard. The only ones I like are common and I really don't want my child to have a common name.

The problem is as soon as I tell people that they google 'unusual baby names' and rattle off a load of obscure horrible names.

Theo and Noah are both lovely names, and your surname is pretty neutral so should go with most names. Unfortunately my OHs surname is 'Rice' no names go with Rice!! Haha

Theo is becoming popular near me.. My LO is a Theo, there is another one at his childminders & one at nursery that he'll be attending in Sept.. But it doesn't make the name any less special.. I know of a few Harry's but they're all so different :) xxx

Ps I love the name Noah as well, but it's just a bit too biblical for me to use it. I loved Elijah for a boy but OH vetoed that for the same reason Xx

Last edited:
Ps I love the name Noah as well, but it's just a bit too biblical for me to use it. I loved Elijah for a boy but OH vetoed that for the same reason Xx

Haha in the most atheists person ud meet aswell! And i also loved Elijah!
I fell inlove with the name Noah after watching the film 'the notebook' - love the actor Ryan Gosling lol xx

I fell inlove with the name Noah after watching the film 'the notebook' - love the actor Ryan Gosling lol xx

Hahaha that's exactly why I like it too!! Ryan Gosling ... droooool x

I like Theo, it's not popular round here (that I know of anyway). What names has your oh suggested? x

We called our son Jonathan, it is a fairly traditional name but really not very common at the moment. We've not shortened it at the moment but there are a few options which he can be known by once he gets to school age! x

Name associations can def make or break a name ha.. I've never seen the notebook so don't have that lovely connection!! It makes me think of Noah's ark, which isn't a bad thing really as he was loving to animals :)
I still love the name Noah though.. & Elijah (which reminds me of the guy in the Vampire Diaries & Originals..that's my yummy connection hehe)..
Xx

OH likes Isaac but I'm just not that keen?! Reminds of one of the boys from Hanson and I think of 'Mmmm Bop' every time haha! That's my own losery fault for knowing the names of the Hanson boys hahaha! x

My boy is an Isaac and I regret it! Although there isn't too many of them round here, and he does quite suit it - I've shortened it to Zac! I wanted Jake but it didn't use it to keep family happy and wish I did as we see said family members maybe 10 times per year! 4 times of that is at Xmas!

Theo is a nice name, and I don't think its that common right now. Theo Davies should sound nice when he grows up as well

My boy is an Isaac and I regret it! Although there isn't too many of them round here, and he does quite suit it - I've shortened it to Zac! I wanted Jake but it didn't use it to keep family happy and wish I did as we see said family members maybe 10 times per year! 4 times of that is at Xmas!
wow-i have never heard of anyone who says they have regretted calling their child the name they picked.. did your family not like it. I love Issac xx

Ive got 3 boys and 4th due in 7 weeks....got Dylan, Ellis and Taylor and struggling for a name for this one...closest we can agree on is Caiden or Cai. I like that Caiden could be shortened to Cai, but then need to watch for middle names...i quite like Caiden Lee, but if shortened to Cai Lee could sound like Kylie so still humming and haying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back