Boys Names - opinions xx

GillM

Reaction score
My hubby has said that I can choose our new sons name and after showing him my list he hasn't taken anything off it which isn't helpful as I need to narrow it down!! Our first son is called Daniel and his middle name is Alexander so something that doesn't clash and the potential middle names for new bubs are Scott or Campbell. My names are as follows but any other suggestions would be welcome!! Xx

Jude
Jamie
Blair
Ethan
Brodie
Alfie
Harry
Archie
Calum
Flynn

It's lovely that your oh has let you choose :)

I like all the names on your list but I especially like

Brodie (on my list aswell :) )
Alfie
Harry
Archie

I know that's not much help, but they are all just lovely

I'm finding though as soon as I start to settle on a name, I begin hearing it everywhere I go, which then starts to put me off.

My oh gave me the following list of names that he liked

Noah, Bradley, Harry, Brody, Cooper, Corey, Austin and Quinn

Boys names are just so difficult :-(

I love Quinn - my hubby took it off my list :( I'm swaying towards Brodie and Archie at the moment!! Xx

I love Ethan, I like names with an 'e' at the beggining, they sounds great.

I asked my four year old today (he's got a global development delay and is only just learning to walk and talk) and he was trying to repeat each name after me - funnily enough he can say Jude and Archie as clear as day!! Xx

Awww, that's sweet.

When I was pregnant with my second baby I liked the name Kiara (kee-ar-ah)... my 2yr old couldn't pronounce it and when you asked what the baby was called they said "Kara-wahwah" lol. Was so cute & funny.
(Didn't end up going with that name in the end though lol)

Aw my friend has just had a little Jude :) i do like it!

Archie was on my list before choosing Charlie.

I also adore Alfie but stupidly called our family dog that 8yrs ago ahaha! Didnt think ahead!

I like Harry, not too keen on the others of I'm honest

I love the name Campbell as a middle name , not keen on Scott to be honest

Ethan Campbell sounds lovely as charming
Alfie doesn't really go with Campbell and is very popular where I live
Archie - again very popular in my area ( there's like 4 that I know )

A short name might go best as Campbell's quite a long name . Although you will find longer names that go with it

William Campbell might be nice
Can have Dan and will when they are older

Finn
Hugh /huw
Benny /Ben / Benjamin

Last edited:
Ethan Campbell does sound lovely.

Jude just reminds me of Jude Law - theres a Jude Law in Jackson's preschool.

I am just glad this time and last time it was a case of I suggested a name and luckily OH loved it.

Can be quite difficult, so its good you have the upper hand.

xxxx

Thanks for the suggestions ladies - it's so difficult!! Scott Campbell is my husbands first and middle name which were suggested by my parents in law lol!! Our first son Daniel Akexander is named after my father in laws dad Daniel and my mother in laws dad Alexander. I would have liked to have used a family name from my side this time, particularly, as my dad has passed away but his name was Norman and I'm not sure I can inflict that on a child and my grandpas name was Torquil - you can see my dilemma!! Their middle names of John and Crichton have already been widely used in my family so I'm at a loss!! Xx

Ethan Campbell does flow nicely though :) xx

Norman is a no go lol and I have only ever met one torquil I hadn't heard of it before. Other people seemed to know of it but I didn't think it was a real name. No offense :p the guy I knew was lovely though he got called T or torq.

How about using Campbell as a first name? I love surnames I have a Jackson and Carter on the way. But I have seen Campbell used once recently for a wee boy. Scott is my wee brothers name. Not a lot of Scott's about now.

I think there's a few other names for John too, like Jack. One of the meanings of Jackson is son of Jack/John. I think Jack and Ian both mean John lmao I dunno for sure about the Ian but it rings a bell somewhere.

Good luck!

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back