Boys names for girls and vetoed names

Discussion in 'Baby Names' started by Lulla Bell, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Lulla Bell

Lulla Bell Well-Known Member

Hey, Still in the TCC stage, but I've obviously thought long and hard about names!
    Me and the husband already have them planned... but i have a list of names that I LOVE which have been vetoed

For a Gril

Spencer
    Blair
    James
    Stevie
    Andy

For boys

Hunter
    Gunner
    Jackson ( which is our middle name for out future son)
    River

What names do you like that have been vetoed

2. Rubyredslipper

Rubyredslipper Well-Known Member

I love Rafe but it's a complete and utter no-no from my OH. He just hates it!!
    Sebastian, Noah, Fletcher, Damien, Isaac, Finn...also out and they've been on my list for years!

3. MrsS15

MrsS15 Well-Known Member

I love boy names for a girl. Blair is gorgeous, I also love Blake. Stevie and Andy are cute too!

Hunter & Jackson are my favorites. Although there's something cute about River too! Xx

4. Sparklegirl

Sparklegirl Well-Known Member

Hunter an Jackson were the names we had chosen for a boy but with this crappy surname I am stuck with neither names go well so we cant use them. Why have they been vetoed? They are lovely names

5. Phoenix85

Phoenix85 Well-Known Member

Cody, Corey, Jo, Jamie/Jamie-Lee

6. snowbee

snowbee Well-Known Member

Also still in ttc but my husband and I have a massive list of vetoed names, some 'normal' but vetoed for various reasons and others a bit more unusual. Including James, Sebastian, River, Hazel, Kate, Henrietta, Edward, Ivy, Iris, Oscar, Rhys, Huw, Sage.

As a side note I would hate to have a traditionally 'boys' name. My name is in no way a male name and yet in my previous job all my post came addressed to 'Mr' and it drove me crazy. To have a name that would add further confusion would have been awful. Having said that I like Stevie for a girl, but as the shortening from Stephanie rather than as a name in itself.

7. madsticks

madsticks Well-Known Member

See I would always assume that Stevie is a girls name, Like Stevie Nicks, or shortened of Stephanie. ... And it's only been used as a boys name to be some kind of cutesy form of Steven.

A name I LOVE and have loved ever since reading Return of the Native at school is Thomasin. OH hates it. :-(

8. Pambi

Pambi Well-Known Member

Girls
    Eleanor
    Hannah

Boys
    Nathan
    Liam
    Michael
    Roman

I think I've vetoed more names he's come up with though!