Boys names for girls and vetoed names

Lulla Bell

Reaction score
Hey, Still in the TCC stage, but I've obviously thought long and hard about names!
Me and the husband already have them planned... but i have a list of names that I LOVE which have been vetoed

For a Gril

Spencer
Blair
James
Stevie
Andy

For boys

Hunter
Gunner
Jackson ( which is our middle name for out future son)
River

What names do you like that have been vetoed

I love Rafe but it's a complete and utter no-no from my OH. He just hates it!!
Sebastian, Noah, Fletcher, Damien, Isaac, Finn...also out and they've been on my list for years!

I love boy names for a girl. Blair is gorgeous, I also love Blake. Stevie and Andy are cute too!

Hunter & Jackson are my favorites. Although there's something cute about River too! Xx

Hunter an Jackson were the names we had chosen for a boy but with this crappy surname I am stuck with neither names go well so we cant use them. Why have they been vetoed? They are lovely names

Also still in ttc but my husband and I have a massive list of vetoed names, some 'normal' but vetoed for various reasons and others a bit more unusual. Including James, Sebastian, River, Hazel, Kate, Henrietta, Edward, Ivy, Iris, Oscar, Rhys, Huw, Sage.

As a side note I would hate to have a traditionally 'boys' name. My name is in no way a male name and yet in my previous job all my post came addressed to 'Mr' and it drove me crazy. To have a name that would add further confusion would have been awful. Having said that I like Stevie for a girl, but as the shortening from Stephanie rather than as a name in itself.

See I would always assume that Stevie is a girls name, Like Stevie Nicks, or shortened of Stephanie. ... And it's only been used as a boys name to be some kind of cutesy form of Steven.

A name I LOVE and have loved ever since reading Return of the Native at school is Thomasin. OH hates it. :-(

Girls
Eleanor
Hannah

Boys
Nathan
Liam
Michael
Roman

I think I've vetoed more names he's come up with though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back