"Boyfriend" snooping through my posts

Hunnibee88

Reaction score
So just found out my so called boyfriend has been going through all my pregnancy forum posts today. as some of you know some of my posts where personal and about how unsure i was with our relationship. now hes sitting in the bathroom reading the rest of them. Hes telling me i went behind his back to talk yo you ladies bla bla bla i actually dont thinl il be bck on here for a while because of it. iits dificult to talk to a man sometimes about pregnancy or other worries so i came on here to speak to other women but now i cant even do that. Nothing can be kept private in my life anymore. hes also been on my facebook friends list today questioning me about male friends aswel. clearly someone has trust issues and is very paranoid. do hope u all have a great pregnancy and its been lovely talkin to u all xxx

Hi hun, please don't leave the forum. It's perfectly normal for people to vent their frustrations and ask for support from strangers somewhere like this. Your boyfriend needs to understand that. It's not a betrayal. He also needs to respect your privacy and you should tell him that's it's not exactly helping the situation when he looks at your personal accounts and such. He's making himself look very bad.

Change your password and make it clear he's not to do that again. If he has a problem with that, then let him know it's not acceptable and that breaching your trust is only more likely to mean the end of your relationship.

If he wants to keep you, he will respect that. Any man worth half his salt would. xxx

I agree with suffolkmum. My DH doesn't particularly see the point of forums, however he doesn't go through my posts and respects my choice to chat with others who understand and can support me and give answers that he doesn't have.

Bin him off- seems like abit of a stalker if you ask me! Snooping around at what your talking about - my hubby loves I have this forum as a support mechanism - I've learnt so much off all the lovely ladies here and gained so much knowledge that he thinks it's as valuable as I do - if we are ever unsure of anything he's always like 'what does the forum say' as we trust the knowledge a lot

Saying that we don't have any relashionship troubles and probably a lot different circumstances to you however that's no excuse for him to do that

I think that shows serious trust issues and is also a total invasion of your privacy. I've relied a lot of this forum over the last couple of weeks as I value everyone's opinion, your boyfriend doesn't seem to have boundaries. My ex of many years ago used to go through my phone and ended up being insanely possessive which turned into physical and emotional abuse, it doesn't bode well. Think very carefully about what you want-if you were having doubts before this can't be helping. We're all here to support you, I broke up with oh yesterday and have found this a good place to vent and hear some sensible opinions and words of support.Xx

I agree with all the other ladies, doesnt sound normal. Its like hes bullying you

I used to have a boyfriend who checked my emails, texts, forum chat history, etc and at one point even confiscated my phone from me. We didn't even live together! We were together for a year and a half, and in hindsight I know that the relationship was a classic case of emotional abuse.

Have you seen that advert that's on just now where the guy tries to dictate what his girlfriend wears and who she talks to etc? It clearly states that abuse isn't always physical. Emotional abuse is a real thing, and I wish I hadn't wasted my time with that guy.

I'm a lot older now (that was 14 years ago!!) and a lot wiser to the different types of men out there, and if there wasn't a baby in the picture I'd say bin him. But if this is the first time he's acted like this I'd suggest couples counselling to talk through your issues together.

Either way, he shouldn't be allowed to dictate where you vent your emotions, you're pregnant for heaven's sake, you're going to need an outlet xx

Wow what a massive violation of ur privacy. My hubby knows about this forum and tbh I think he prefers that I moan on here rather than to him lol.
Dont let his pathetic, jealous and possessive attitude keep u away from this forum if u feel like its a good support network for u. But definitely have a word with him about acceptable boundaries x

I would also suggest changing your forum name and picture. It's prob quite easy to identify you if a person knows you. Stay, but be anonymous. I have learnt loads and wouldn't leave for this. Perhaps this is what he wants?

Thats awful don't let him control you like that.. Stay on the forum if it makes you happy xx

get rid, change your name and picture and passwords to everything, emails especially x

Totally agree with redbear. Don't let him bully you out of having support and impartial advice. The more I think of it the more disgraceful what he's done is, I wish I'd have run the first time I caught my ex going through my phone. Please let us know how you're getting on x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back