Boyfriend Rant!!

Caoimhe..x

Reaction score
So I got up this morning first at 8am and by the time OH got up I had done washing, dishes and dusted everywhere (he hates dusting). I also had his cup of coffee sitting waiting for him. So he got up anyway didn't mention anything I had done not even a thank you.

He then went to check post as he was waiting on a letter from dole as they stopped his JSA due to an appeal he is going through. So there was no post from them so he was really grumpy (understandable).

Anyway we got talking about him and the appeal etc, I was saying keep complaining so they know you aren't just sitting waiting about. We got into a massive argument which result in him storming out up to his mums.

I'm so angry right now, I know he is trying to get a job and I understand how hard it is I was unemployed myself for just over a year, but he doesn't need to take it out on me. I work 39-52hrs a week so house work is mainly his job even though I have to go on about it. But I thought I was doing something nice getting all the housework done before we go out shopping with his parents later.

Xx

He shouldn't be taking it out on you hun, that's so wrong. Just because things are panning out different to how he wanted doesn't mean for him to take it out on you. He should also understand and see what you have done for you both. If I was you I would sit down with him explain that you don't feel appreciated for the things you do, and that you know things are alittle bit of a struggle/rough at the moment but he's not to take it out on you. As for the cleaning your happy to do what bits you can to help out and it would be nice to be noticed for doing them, but that he also needs to help out more too. As for his coffee in bed...just mention how nice it would be to one day wake up with a brew/breakfast in bed and not have to worry. this is all i can suggest hunni. I hope it helps x x x

Thank you tabbi, I'll have a sit down later tonight with him. Think I'm just so annoyed about it coz we never argue so it was a bit of a shock to the system haha xx

It might be a case that your both under so much stress/pressure and your finding different ways to cope with it, and he's taking it out on you which is not right. Just be calm with him, have a brew whilst talking if need be, suggest you having a girly night in and he go out to a friends and maybe play on an xbox or have a few drinks just to relax and be apart for a few hours, have that space. Plus it would be cheap night for you both and you could have so much fun x x x

oh how annoying! He's probably feeling all useless as he can't provide for you and bubs. Not that makes it ok, but men find it harder to admits things like this. My hubby finally admitted about being sad about no job last year after I pestered him for ages to tell me if he was ok. I agree you should sit down and talk to him, get him to open up if you can and clear the air, explain you need help around the house etc. I think sometimes it's harder to do housework etc when you're looking for work as you get into a rut and feel so down you don't want to do anything at all! My hubby does more now he's working again that's for sure!
Hope you sort it out hun. You need to look after each other xxx

Thanks umbongo. We've had a talk and everythings sorted now. He has said sorry and said that he feels like he can't do anything to help getting ready for baby as he has no money and has promised to do more housework etc. Xx

Awww thats brilliant, so glad you managed to sort it out, and there is still time for him to find a job, and as long as he has you and treats you right he's doing what he can by you up until that point. As for housework at least he knows what needs to be done to help out. Glad things worked out for you x x x

Glad you two have sorted it out. There is nothing more important for a relationship than open, sincere and deep conversation!

Good work. Great you've both been honest, ^WSS^ it's very important
Xx

Glad it got sorted my hubby always says it's so hard being the man in pregnancy because you can't make any problems to do with partners body better you end up doing or saying the wrong thing all the time and you generally feel useless on the side lines because you aren't physically doing anything for baby. I think prehaps a lot of men feel this way at times. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back