boy or girl?

soconfused

Reaction score
how many weeks is it when they can determine the sex of the baby?

I found out the sex of my baby at 19 weeks 3 days. Normally here in the US they schedule an ultrasound between 18-20 weeks to take various measurements of the baby and the tech will usually tell you the sex of the baby. It helps when the baby is in a good position too! Luckily, my baby girl was quite active and flashed her parts a few times, so we were able to find out!

As to the earliest, via ultrasound, I believe is 16 weeks but it's best to wait until you're between 18-26 weeks.

It's pretty much the same here in the UK. The first time you can find out is your 20 week scan. (The scan might not be at 20 weeks exactly).

This is where they do an anatomy check to make sure the baby is developing as expected. Unfortunatly you're not guaranteed to find out the sex of the baby as it can be difficult to tell if the baby is lying in an awkward position or has it's legs crossed!

I'm sure some babies don't want anyone to know what sex they are and hide their "bits" deliberatly!

We chose not to find out so it's going to be a lovely suprise.

i found out at 19 weeks and have now gone crazy buying pink girlie dresses. i really wanted to know as soon as they could tell me and i don`t regret it for a moment :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back