boy / girl? psychics required

Tara & Liam

Reaction score
Hi

I have just had my 16 week scan and i was told that the heartbeat was 142, so does that mean boy or girl.

help please

x

thw wifes tail says thats a boy,

I think it goes, anything over 150 is a girl, anything under is a boy.

not sure how true it is tho.

could they not tell you in the scan what sex the baby was?

Yup Davina I would say thats a boy too.
I asked my widwife how acurate she thought this was, and she didnt like to say either way, but in that theory, Im having a girl.
I have asked so many people now what they hd the heart rate measured at and what sex baby they had, and the therory has been correct for all of them!

Hi

I dont have my next scan until 26 september.

The midwife said that she thought it was a girl, but she didnt say why. Does the heartbeat rate alter as you go along. As i am 16 weeks now, will it decrease or increase as i get further along.

Im not sure on that, i know it can go up or down depending on what you have been doing (i.e sleeping, walking lots etc)

and i tink sugary drinks can affect it

when i had my 20 weeks scan i was told the heart rate was 135 and every 2 weeks after that when they listened 2 it, it had gone up 2 140 and when i went on monday it is 142 and i am having a boy

dont know if that helps LOL

love charl
xxxx

Hi

thanks for that, looks as if i could be having another boy. I think that i am going to have to move out soon as i will be the only girl with 4 men in the house, even the cat is a boy!!!!

lol

x

I asked my midwife about that old wifes tale and she said there's no turth in that theory, the heartbeat doesn't determine the sex.

Hi

Thanks for all your messages. Even though the heartbeat was 142, as i said the midwife thinks it's a girl (why, i have no idea) and i just got confused. I am sure that when i was pregnant with Joshua the heartbeat was over 150 as the midwife told me that she was positive that it was a girl!! So i just dont know. I shall have to wait for my 22 week scan and hope that the baby is obliging.
LOL

x

Good luck Davina, hope he/she has their legs open for ya!!

Thanks Kim

If it's anything like my 3 year old they will be putting themselves on show.

i am so impatient. cant believe that ive got to wait nearly 6 weeks.

x

Hi

you are all going to think that i am crazy as a pyschic had predicted this baby to my sister in law. The timing is right, and she even said the name that we had chosen and we hadnt told anyone up to that point.

Not that i am hoping for a girl. i am just hoping for a healthy one.

It's not accurate at all, although I did tend to believe it though.

I had a scan at 12 weeks and the heartbeat was 163 and there were quite a few other things pointing towards it being a girl.

I had a scan last week and was told it was a boy, and I saw it with my own eyes too :wink:

The gender predicitions can be fun but I don't believe any of the.

Here you go girls - an interesting article on Fetal heart rate and sex. It shows the findings of a study done into this. Basically it's conclusion is that fetal heartrate is not indicative of sex. Fetal heartrate often changes with gestation.

An interesting read!

http://www.obgyn.net/english/pubs/featu ... hr-age.htm

Gender prediction and heart rate

The question: A friend told me that it's possible to predict my baby's sex based on the fetal heartrate. Is this true?

Ann's Answer: The myth that you're referring to says that if your baby's heartrate is under 140 beats per minute, you're having a boy, and if it's over 140 beats per minute, you're having a girl.

Although this particular myth has been kicking around for decades, there isn't much hard evidence to support it. In fact, there's only one study on the books that seems to lend any credence to the theory at all: a 1993 study at the University of Kentucky that concluded that the fetal heartbeat could be used to correctly predict the sex of 91 percent of male fetuses and 74 percent of female fetuses. Given that every other study on the books has reached the exact opposite conclusion, I wouldn't paint the nursery pink or blue on this basis!

Emilia xx

ps. found that bitty of info on internet.

Good luck
Emilia

thanks for that Emilia

i think i will wait for my scan at 22 weeks

I asked Kerien the online_midwife about this a little while ago and he said that the heart beat does indeed change throughout gestation. normally faster to start with, and becoming slower the further along you are.

Hi Cat

Thanks for that. i think that i will wait until the 26 september for my scan to tell me.

do you know what you are having? I cant remember if you have told me.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back