Bought my first baby things. Feel like a mummy now!!!

Amanda

Reaction score
I just popped to Tesco's at lunch for just a tube of toothpaste and spent £45!!!!! :shock:

I've got 2 carrier bags full of the tiniest little vests, babygrows, sleepsuits, bibs, etc. I just saw one, picked it up, then away I went!! I couldn't stop!!! They're all completely unisex and they're all quite lightweight so will be great for early September when I'm due. It's great at the minute as they have all the spring stuff in, which is also going to be fab for Autumn. :lol: :lol:

Only thing is, I want to show everyone and have them cooing over the little hooded cardigan, but the blokes in my office are crap!!!! :twisted:

I will coo with you, I can just picture all the tiny stuff you have got. I wanna shop but am trying to wait, its really hard. I have decided I am ordering my nursing chair on the 19th March as that is when I will be in my new house, but knowing me I will start buying smaller stuff before then. Little socks, and boots and hats oh just loads of stuff!

lol tankett thats it now hun you wont be able to stop i was same as soon as i started buying it got out of control xxxxx

shopping is soooo the best!!! im going to start shopping once i have had my first scan! im going to buy a little bit each week when i goto asda, that way there will be no big bill in 7 months time when you suddenly realise baby could be here and you have nothing! enjoy it, it is so much fun.

sarah x

Bless, it's all very exciting getting the kit in, it makes it seem more real :)

Tankett, you're like a tonic
I'm so so pleased to read this. We should be celebrating how we're feeling now instead of being anxious about what might not happen. I just feel that every time I pick up a newspaper or magazine there's an article about miscarraige or infertility. I treated myself to a magazine at lunch-time (couldn't buy a parenting one as no one at work knows I'm pregnant) and lo and behold there was an article about miscarraige. I wanted to scream! The woman interviewed said when her nausea stopped at week 9 she knew something was wrong. My nausea stopped at week 9 but I was never really sick, just queasy after I ate. Of course the neurotic head starts thinking and I really had to pull myself together and remind myself that I have chronic tiredness, boobs that feel like they've been put through a mangle, potty dreams and period like cramps in my lower abdomen. And that's all not happening for nothing :wink:
Sorry I had to get that off my chest.
But it's great you're off celebrating being pregnant,
S

Lol ....

I want to do that all the time tankett .... just shop none stop for my bubba's things ... but ... im waiting until the middle of march when my OH is back so we can do it together ...

Have brought cute baby booties tho, couldn't help myself ... this baby got 4-5 pairs already, my MIL wants to know how many pairs a baby can wear !!! (Stick in the mud)Lol!!!

Enjoy it honey ... theresa some lovely stuff in asds and mother care ... anyway i can't say much my pram was ordered and paid for at 8wks pregnant lol!!! ENJOY!!!

Love always

Imi+Bean
xxx

P.s im due the 17th now ... so much for aug the 22nd lol

i've been shopping - great isn't it! I've been buying toiletries every time i go food shopping - got quite a few bits now! been buying little sleep suits, blankets, cardigans etc.... ordered and piad for my nursing chair.... going to wait now till my second scan which is just over 3 weeks... then i'm going to go shop mad! order my pram etc...

it's real retail therapy!

x

Well i was going to wait until after my 12week scan but O/H mum insists on taking me shopping next weekend apparently i have not choice in the matter. So i am just going to have to go. Never mind!

I've already got 3 carrier bags full of wipes, shampoo, baby bath, massage oil powder, etc. I also went to Asda on Saturday and bought packs and packs of muslim squares. They do a pack of 3 for £3, bargain!!

I really want to sort big things like prams and chairs and stuff, but we really want to move before the baby is born so DH won't let me. :( He says it's just more stuff to move, but I was thinking of buying it and storing it at my mums. That'd work wouldn't it???

Tankett ...

iv'e brought my pram and am storing it in store at mothercare on there nursery plan .... it's fantastic!!!!

Do that then you can collect everything 6wks before baby is due but at least you know you have got it!!!

Im not buying anything more untill my OH come homes so i'll be near 20wks when we go shopping... can't wait!!!

Do what you feel comfortable doing chick, i just found the mothercare nursery plan the best way to go for me ...

Take care ...

Love Imi+Bean
xxx

LOL tankett!!!!

Sweetie apply for a mothercare card, you get points, it's a store card but the points are worth it and you get money off on your bargins!!!

Honestly mothercare is so much help... i know my pram is there and i'll pick it up when i feel like it!!!! it's great!!!

Take care and have fun shopping!!! (Great Gift lists you can set up too!!)

Love Imi+Bean
xxx

Am I the only person who has not bought a single thing??????????????

:cry: :cry:

I guess I have my reasons for waiting but I know I will be as excited as you guys when I start shopping... after my 20 week scan I will be ordering all sorts and raiding the shelves everywhere I go!!

xx

Anna Marie ...

You'll do things in your own time chick, you have your reasons just like me ... i've bought a few pair of booties and thats it ...

I'll be shopping the same time as you and will enjoy it 10 times more knowing that everything is fine!!!

You do things in your own time hunni, at the end of the day it's your choice ...

Take care ...

Love Imi+Bean
xxx

It is sooo exciting buying stuff isnt it. I had my pram last year (its one of the old fashioned silver-cross type prams) I absolulty love it. Me and my friend were at an Age Concern Charity shop sale and we saw it there.

My top tip is to start early - I collected stuff and saved it all to wash - then I had an accident and was settee-ridden for 3 weeks which meant everything was one big rush.

My reason for posting on here is that I have my own 'shopping' or 'goods' should I say! - the hospital have phoned today to say my TENS Machine is ready for collection!!! arghghghghggh - means it's getting closer!

Happy shopping!!!

L x

ooh not long now lisa hun good luck xxx

be a bit carefull with mothercare! i bought my bottle steamer the other day from there! the next day i saw the exact same one in argos £7 cheaper.....

x

:D hi everyone :D

Hope all your pregnancy's are going well!!

Baby shopping is the best,i was buying for my second baby before we had even concieved her!! (mad i know) :oops:

I am now trying for number 3 and have bought one of those little baby carriers (well it was half price,couldn't resist!!)

But buying the pram is the best bit they do such gorgeous ones these days,i have my heart set on a mamas and papas one so have started saving my pennies!! :lol:

Hope you girls all have fun getting you baby bits and i hope to be joining you all soon,its good to get little bits as you see them that way its not such a big cost at the last minute!!

Have fun shopping and take care all :D

Lauren 5
Megan 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27