Bottles for hospital ? Sterilising question

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Clara89, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Clara89

Clara89 Active Member

Hi so I'm just wondering my due date is 6 weeks away ! I've started packing bag as coming up to 35 weeks soon.... I'm just wondering as I'll be bottle feeding when should I sterilise the bottles ... I have a cold water one with Milton tablets ! How long does a empty bottle stay sterilised for ready for milk to be added ??

2. Summergurl

Summergurl Well-Known Member

Check with your midwife as I believe most hospitals have milk there for you if you're planning on bottle feeding.

When I was in I bottle fed and they have unopened little bottles that you open and attach a disposable teat to.

3. Blueclass

Blueclass Well-Known Member

Have you tried calling the manufacturer as they might know

#3 Blueclass, Oct 28, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  4. Ikklemoi

Ikklemoi Well-Known Member

The hospitals have little glass bottles with disposable teats, they refuse you to take any of your own bottles or milk. X

5. Blueclass

Blueclass Well-Known Member

My hospital only gives milk and bottles if you plan to bf but have problems and you can't or not producing enough. You also had to use the premade formula which came with the teats.
    I think every hospital is different so it's worth calling your maternity unit.

6. Rubyredslipper

Rubyredslipper Well-Known Member

They last 24 hours once sterilised but like others said, hospital will probably have bottles and milk. My hosp had teats that fitted onto the ready made formula bottles

7. sammh18

sammh18 Well-Known Member

Sorry tri hopping and was reading your thread we are taking a baby pack of a apatmil which comes ready made and with tears as our hospital only does Sma and cow and gate so really depends on what milk your baby is going to be on x

8. Ikklemoi

Ikklemoi Well-Known Member

Sammh I bough oremade ones and midwife said they will just refuse me to feed baby with them, might be diff in diff areas, I'm in Yorkshire. X

9. xjdx

xjdx Well-Known Member

10. Babygiz

Babygiz Well-Known Member

Starter packs you can get them in Tesco Asda etc. Ready made bottles which you just add the teats. My hospital didn't supply milk and I just took 2 packs of these in. No sterilising needed

11. sammh18

sammh18 Well-Known Member

I wonder why newcastle hospital gives you sma or cow and gate. I want neither of them so I'm taking pre made apatamil I don't mind trying to breast feed again if they say something to me x

12. mummywanabe

mummywanabe Well-Known Member

I'm using hipp organic with this baby! It's pretty much the only brand the hospital don't supply, I had wondered the same thing I have mam bottles which you can sterilise individually so as long as they have a microwave I can sterilise them.
    I know I'm going to be in for at least one full day because I have strep b and need antibiotics and they'll need to monitor baby so I. Going to try and bring enough bottles for a day and send my hubby home to sterilise them, u can also get microwave sterilising bags