Bottled water

number3

Reaction score
water supply changed here about 2 years ago,so we started on bottled water. I have been using tap water for Lillys feeds but don't thing it is agreeing with her. On Monday gave her ready made milk and it has been going down a treat. Do any off u know what bottled water I can use to make up bottles, it will be boiled to make up feeds but there is some water that can not be used for babys, hv was not much help today and could not tell me which water I could use . Someone please help..x

Morning :)

I use bottled water, because we live in area with very very hard chalky water - the NHS website states the following with regards to using bottled water:

If you have to use bottled water to make up a feed, check the label to make sure that the water contains:
  • less than 200 milligrams (mg) a litre of sodium (also written as Na)
  • no more than 250mg a litre of sulphate (also written as SO or SO4)
Hope that helps xx

I was told Evian is the most suitable x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Have you thought about getting a water filter- could be cheaper than keep buying bottled water?

We live in a horrible water area.

We got a brita(?) water filter jug from Tesco, fill that up every night, there's enough in that to boil bottle water, fill the bunnys bottle, and make OH a cuppa in the morning.

Never had a problem.

You have to replace the filter cartridge when runs out (about once a month) but they're not overly expensive, and will be much cheaper than constantly buying bottled water. Xx

I use water bottles for a month when abroad x

Got told by local hospital not to use bottled water as there is to many minerals in water for baby. They do not recomend it. so am really stuck at moment.G ot water fron sister in law as she has gor better water than us.

We live in a horrible water area.

We got a brita(?) water filter jug from Tesco, fill that up every night, there's enough in that to boil bottle water, fill the bunnys bottle, and make OH a cuppa in the morning.

Never had a problem.

You have to replace the filter cartridge when runs out (about once a month) but they're not overly expensive, and will be much cheaper than constantly buying bottled water. Xx

You can also get a brita filter kettle, my sister has one and she says it makes life easier living in a minging water area! She has a filter in the fridge for cold water too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back