Bottle for one year old milk?

Belfa

Reaction score
Hi

LO is one next week (when did that happen!!) and his bottles are looking a bit well used so I was going to replace them.

I know they should ideally not take a bottle for their milk past one year so what should I give him to drink from?

He is good at using a cup or a straw for his water but can't be trusted not to spill it. He likes to hold his milk and drink it himself but I don't trust him not to spill it everywhere!

Hi Belfa, our LO is on two milks per day now (at 13mths old) and only the nighttime one is in a bottle (think she'll keep that for a while as she still takes 9oz at bedtime sometimes more!), we trialied lots of sippy cups and like you say messy...with water its fine but milk is another story...have you heard of the miracle cup? Took our LO about a week to learn but once she picked it up she takes her morning milk and water during the day out one, they are no spill...to a point....if your LO likes launching things from their highchair you will get a bit of mess but a lot less than a standard sippy cup...

hope this helps

I googled it and a few of his we friends have that cup! Will pick one up x

My boy is really fussy and perhaps not having a dummy or comfort blanket has made him worse but he still has his bed bottle!! He uses a cup and straw cup now he's bigger. He's 3 and has no front teeth or speech issues.

During the day he's fine to use a sippy or cup. But night time has to be his bobo. Although now expecting number two so hoping to have him in the mind set he's giving his baby brother the bottles as he's too big.

We used mostly hard teat stuff for during the day as the soft teats are what's discouraged so they don't suckle as such and obv as he still has one bottle I tried to minimize soft teats lol. There were some hard and soft teat beakers which we found good.

Beware of the Tommy tippy non spill filter so many babies have ended up unwell as dirt etc clogs in the anti spill bit.

xxxxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back