Bottle feeding routine

Olive

Reaction score
How old was your lo when you started one and what did you do, times etc?

Thinking it might be a good idea to try and start one soon. Currently pretty much feeding on demand, which will continue to do, but would be nice to try and get a routine going.

B is 5 weeks.

Thanks xxx

We bottle feed on demand, I did have a bedtime bottle at 7:30pm but Grace changed it all herself naturally so now she has her last bottle anytime between 5pm-6:45pm
I always try and hold off as long as possible for that one as she goes to bed at 7pm

I pretty much fed on demand but I made sure that around the bottle which he had in the evening (anytime between 6-9) he had a nice warm bath before, then his bottle and cuddles then bed. He now goes to bed at 7pm and sleeps 12 hours :) x

I feed him expressed bottles, and it's on demand. He cluster feeds in the evening and likes his top-ups, I don't think a routine would work.

Holly set her own routine really. She fell into about 4 hours in the day and has last bottle at 11pm when we put her eczema cream on then sleeps through

I'm one of the few that had a routine from early, but my LO kinda slotted into it herself. (it was imposed on us from the breastfeeding clinic - their 'action plan' for when a baby is not feeding well.)

Bottle every 3.5 hours, nap every 1.5 hours at that age. She is a happy baby, easy going and slept through from a young age.

It worked for us and I love knowing exactly what is going on, but I would not have forced her into it.

Jack had 2oz every 1.5-2hrs until he started weaning at 17 weeks! It was exhausting!

I didn't notice him developing a feeding routine until he was about 6 months when I really started trying to get him into a proper day time routine and he was having 3 meals a day at that time too. He now has a night feed between 1 & 3am, a bottle at 10-10.30am, a bottle at 3-3.30pm and one at 8ish before bed with his meals in between. Even now he still only manages 4-5oz per feed x

When I started FF (after about a week of exclusive BF) Angel fell into a 3 hour routine herself (obviously thats a typical thing, it did vary rarely ie when she had a growth spurt) and gradually she settled into a 4 hourly routine. I don't have a routine for her during the day. But in the morning she always wake up between 7/8am and I'll top and tail her and feed her then usually take her out for a walk and play and her naps fall into place in between. And at night I always give her bare bum time for about 15 mins, bath, bottle and bed bhy about 7-8pm. Sometimes she will sleep till 12 sometimes she sleeps through, its always different lol but she doesnt wake up before her usual 4 hours and she goes down very easy after a feed so shes no trouble at night at all :)

I did try and have a routine during the day ie trying to get her to nap at the same time but I gave up on that quite quick as shes so unpredictable with when shes tired/not tired so I've just stuck to the morning and night routine :) xx

Thanks everyone. Will carry on FOD. Xx

We've FOD from birth but LO naturally fell into a routine of every 2 hours. I cant remember how many weeks he was when he went up to 3, but he's still on every 3 hours (apart from thro the night) sometimes he goes back to every 2. I use every 3 hours as an estimate. When I plan my day I arrange bottles for every 3 hours, If he needs it before the 3, fair enough, if its 4 hours, thats ok too.

:)

I tried to bf but didnt have enough milk :( so from day 4 I was advised to feed every 3 hours (LO was 5lb2 born and a lil jaundice she was born at 37 weeks) I used to have to wake her in the night for her feeds then at 8 weeks she started sleeping through. I still feed LO every 3 hours and she sleeps 8pm till 7/7.30am

s
xx

I feed on demand and just go with what Sophie wants. Tend to draw out giving her bedtime feed by keeping her in the bath longer and talking to her on the changing mat before putting her in the bath.

We still fod hun. He does about 2-3 hours during the day and always has his bedtime bottle at around 6-6.30pm. He also usually has a couple of feeds during the night.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

We fod still. But she normally goes 2-3hours between feeds and we try to hold her off her bedtime bottle until about 8pm then bed and she'll sleep a good 12hours. Planning on fod until we start weaning

mothers supplement breastfeeding with bottle feeding because they are not able to adequately produce enough milk to sustain their infants. And still other mothers choose to bottle feed because of the need to return to work before a proper breastfeeding routine can be established.

Huh? Whats that got to do with the price of fish??? :)

Last edited:
mothers supplement breastfeeding with bottle feeding because they are not able to adequately produce enough milk to sustain their infants. And still other mothers choose to bottle feed because of the need to return to work before a proper breastfeeding routine can be established.

???????

Ignore. Reported. Prob smelly troll ;) x

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27