Bosses wife had baby in car!!!

littlebump

Reaction score
My bosses wife had her baby on Saturday - in his car!!! Apparently she woke up 5am with strong contractions which were close together. She wanted to go straight to hospital but they had to get a babysitter in to look after their other daughter, so didn't leave to go to hospital until 6.15am. Anyway their baby girl was born 15 minutes later in the car. They had to pull over and call an ambulance!!

The whole thing only took an hour and a half (assuming she woke up as soon as the labour pains started). How fantastic would that be?!!!! (apart from the fact that his car now needs valeting of course). Must have been terrifying at the time.

Anyway I thought I'd share that with you - it certainly seems to be quicker and easier second time around (not that that will help me!!)

Anyone else have any weird birth stories?

LBxx

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: YEOWCH! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I like the idea of a quick labour but that sounds like EXTREME pain to me ha ha!

My cousin had her baby 3 1/2 months ago and it was delivered by NHS direct on the phone with her husband as midwife. She was in labour for 19 minutes and Ewan was born before the ambulance came. I find that utterley incredible! She was really pleased to have the baby at home and that her husband had delivered him and cut the cord. The ambulance tidied the baby up and took them both to hospital where they were later let home. He is fine and very gorgeous.

Incredible hey? (PS it was her second) i am wanting one of these kind of labours!
:D

wow sounds so scary but on the other hand great to have it over and done with so quickley!!

A woman i work with had her first baby 3 months ago, she had her within two hours from the first contraction,still eating her fish and chips she just made it through the door apparently!!! so some first time mums arent in labour for hours! would love for it to happen for me like that!!!!

LOL Steph - I hadn't heard that happen to a first time mum before - that's really lifted my spirits - 2 hours would be a dream!!

lol yea i know little bump, wouldnt that be great!! theres hope for us all!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back