Borderline PCOS

Discussion in 'Long Term TTC & Fertility Issues' started by iWitch, Jun 6, 2013.

1. iWitch

iWitch Well-Known Member

Morning you lovely ladies!

I've had my pelvic scan today and the sonographer informed me my right ovary is borderline pcos. Apparently the left is difficult to tell because a cyst has collapsed but because I'm due within next week, it could well be normal and it looks as though that side is ovulating. She advised results would be back with doctor within a week. Does this mean that's it seeing as though its borderline and I am ovulating? Or will they offer treatment

Thank yooooous

2. mrs_c

mrs_c Well-Known Member

I was still ovulating but irregularly, I was put on Metformin to help regulate things a bit better. Conceived after taking for just over 3 months xx

3. ScotchEgg

ScotchEgg Well-Known Member

I was diagnosed much the same. I have polycstic ovaries but not too bad and I don't have the external symptoms other than irregular periods (so pco not pcos). It's really quite common.

For me they found I was still ovulating so it wasn't making any difference (we have severe male factor). What have your bloods said?

4. xxcharliexx

xxcharliexx Well-Known Member

I was diagnosed with PCO before I was diagnosed with unicornuate uterus. I was told I would be given clomid even before the unicornuate diagnosis. It was shortly after I found out about my uterus and then I started clomid. It had regulated me after 2 cycles and I am currently on my third cycle xx