Books / magazines... any recommendations?

Anna Marie

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

As I am only 6 weeks gone I am a bit nervous about buying any books / mags etc as some say it may be bad luck - but I just cannot wait!!!!! I want to know everything and anything I can about the next 9 months etc...

can anyone recommend / suggest any books or weekly / monthly mags?

thanks... from a very nervously excited mum-to-be!!

:)

Hi ive been reading bumps and babies magazine. If you go on the internet you can get a free copy and after you have read it decide if you want to subscribe or buy more copies.

Congratulations x

Hi,

I bought Conception, Pregnancy and Birth by Dr Miriam Stoppard and it has been a godsend! Very informative and good week by week pictures!

I have to disagree slightly with the miriam stoppard book.

It has got lots of information, but to be honest, it hasn't been able to answer any of my queries.

For example, what my funny pains and twinges were about, and whether I could take painkillers and what round ligament pain is.

I have actually found this site the best remedy for my nerves! and I am about to sell my miriam stoppard on ebay as I speak.

I'm sure its a great book for some people. It just didn't answer my important questions.

I really like pregnancy and birth magazine though. That combines with this site is all I seem to need.

i have a book called 'your pregnancy bible' (can't remember the author..) which i find really informative. i also like 'pregnancy and birth' magazine, and a magazine called 'i'm pregnant!' which isn't out so often and is pricier at £4.99 but has more content than the other mags

I get Pregnancy and Birth magzine which I find very helpful and answers quite a few things. I also have a book called 'What to expect when you're expecting' and a book called 'First-time parents guide' or something like that. Both are very useful - the first one specially as it give you times when the pain, illnes, bleeding etc and the degree of urgency to see a doctor which I have found very helpful.

Hope this helps! x

Thanks everyone - I think I wil go have a look on Amazon. Can't resist buying something to make me feel properly pregnant any more!!!!

:lol:

In my job as a doula I have about 100 books on pregnancy and birth. The ones I would recommend for pregnancy would be:

A baby names book
Am I allowed by AIMS (www.aims.org.uk)
Birth and beyond by Yehudi Gordon

And a good fiction book for when you just want to relax.....for that I definately recommend:

PS I love you - Cecelia Ahern
Where Rainbows End - Cecelia Ahern

She is fab!!

I'd better start reading some of my books now!! I have always had them for my clients to borrow but never read many of them!! :?

Much love

I read P.S I love you a while ago and oh my god I just couldn't stop crying. Not sure how good it would be for you if you are pregnant and emotional! A really really good book though.
x

Oh Sal - then you must read where rainbows end......it's just as good if not better!!

I have taken out a subscription to Prima Pregnancy & Baby magazine. Its monthly and you get a lot of free gifts each month, plus I find it informative and fun to read. if you get a subscription now you get it at half price, so for a year you just pay £13!

Book wise I have Kaz Cooks roungh guide to pregnancy, which is a great read, it gives you weekly information about how you and your baby are changing, along with baby length and weight. also Kaz does a weekly 'diary' in it which is both really funny and informative and its full of usefull information as well. Its got everything you need whilst still being a witty and informative read instead of feeling like your reading a text book!

I also have a Miriam Stoppard Book but its for Babies 0-5 years or something, and probably better bought a bit later on if like me you have no experience of babies and dont even know how to dress and change them! Its really interesting too as to tells you all about your babys development and how to stimulate them as they grow etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back