books for babies

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by soffphie, Jul 2, 2020.

1. soffphie

soffphie Well-Known Member

hi ladies, looking for recommendations for baby books ?

im going to sound very fussy - looking for something longish that i can read Holly before bed time, ideally it will light up somehow, maybe make noises but thats not essential. It will be for a bed time book :)
    and, any other books people recommend for a baby? educational based - shes 2 months old.

Thank you lots in advanced!

2. Niknaknoo

Niknaknoo Well-Known Member

I doubt you would find anything long or educational for a 2 month old. The black and white cloth books are good for them, touchy feely books for them to explore, I like the ‘that’s not my’ usborne series.

3. mummybear2

mummybear2 Well-Known Member

Second the usborne ‘that’s not my...’ they’re great.
    Anything touchy feely, the soft black and white crinkly books.
    For sounds there are a few board books that you can press which have various different noises that go with the story.

Long stories you won’t find anything a 2 month old can engage with, but that’s not to stop you getting a ‘bedtime’ collection and reading to her, she will be able to look at the pictures when she’s older.

4. Kitana

Kitana Moderator

I found my DD1 only started to get interested in books at around 8 or 9 months. But you can stimulate her in other ways, like during tummy time, put her in front of pictures of babies or a baby book with clear drawings. I got my DD2 a aluminum foil blanket and cut it in pieces so she can feel and hear the crackling, also a rattle will be fun to play with once she can grab things easily.x