books for babies

soffphie

Reaction score
hi ladies, looking for recommendations for baby books ?

im going to sound very fussy - looking for something longish that i can read Holly before bed time, ideally it will light up somehow, maybe make noises but thats not essential. It will be for a bed time book :)
and, any other books people recommend for a baby? educational based - shes 2 months old.

Thank you lots in advanced!

I doubt you would find anything long or educational for a 2 month old. The black and white cloth books are good for them, touchy feely books for them to explore, I like the ‘that’s not my’ usborne series.

Second the usborne ‘that’s not my...’ they’re great.
Anything touchy feely, the soft black and white crinkly books.
For sounds there are a few board books that you can press which have various different noises that go with the story.

Long stories you won’t find anything a 2 month old can engage with, but that’s not to stop you getting a ‘bedtime’ collection and reading to her, she will be able to look at the pictures when she’s older.

I found my DD1 only started to get interested in books at around 8 or 9 months. But you can stimulate her in other ways, like during tummy time, put her in front of pictures of babies or a baby book with clear drawings. I got my DD2 a aluminum foil blanket and cut it in pieces so she can feel and hear the crackling, also a rattle will be fun to play with once she can grab things easily.x

im going to sound very fussy - looking for something longish that i can read Holly before bed time, ideally it will light up somehow, maybe make noises but thats not essential. It will be for a bed time book :)
and, any other books people recommend for a baby? educational based - shes 2 months old.

Hi dear the best thing for babies is your voice, read in a singsong way and be animated and just enjoy baby's wide eyes and chuckles while reading! :)

Dear I must have sounded rude, my apologies - how old is your baby now dear? I always loved "Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney. Hope you are enjoying sweet times with your baby. :)

If you are reading to your baby you can't go wrong. I don't think the particular book matters.

I really like kissed by the moon by Alison Lester and Time For Bed by Mem Fox if you want something you can read over and over.

Also check out the mesmerise books for babies. They aren't books for reading but fixing their gaze on high contrast images are good for babies brains while they are developing their eyesight. My 4 week old seems to like them when he had floor time.

I found "Goodnight Moon" to be lovely for my baby. It's a bit longer, perfect for cozy bedtime stories.
For interactive fun, "Where's Spot?" is fantastic! It's a lift-the-flap book that my little one adores.
At two months, "Black and White" books are great for early visual development.
Also, "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" is a classic for a reason—super engaging! I got these books for free with the help of baby companies that send free stuff. So, I hope that helps!

Last edited:
For a 2-month-old, you might want to consider board books with simple, colorful illustrations and rhyming text. Classics like "Goodnight Moon" by Margaret Wise Brown or "Guess How Much I Love You" by Sam McBratney are excellent choices for bedtime reading.As for books with interactive elements, "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle has textured pages for sensory exploration. And while Holly is still very young, you can introduce her to the joy of reading with these delightful options.On a different note, if you ever find some free time for your own reading pleasure, you can explore the Colleen Hoover series. She's known for her captivating storytelling.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back