Booking In

rainbow.nicola

Reaction score
Appt today at 9, eeeeek! So nervous I feel like I'm going to throw up. One step closer to scan though!

Hey guys, just back! It wasn't too bad. Had two midwifes in with me. Lots of notes and questions. Got my bounty pack and bloods taken, height weight, blood pressure and the carbon monoxide test also had to give a urine sample and while the midwife took me out to go to the loo she asked me about domestic abuse. Mostly faffing about with my notes really. 12 days to go til Scan! x

Same as mine but just the one midwife. Glad it went ok for you. Hoping I get my scan date soon x

Fingers crossed! I got mine in quite quick. Felt a sense of achievement when they did the Carbon test and it came back so low.

i had mine last week, got my pack too and the date of my ultra sound :D

That's good. I didn't have one of those. If mine don't come today I might call them as have to fit it around my oh off days as he can't get days off so might need to change it first time x

The date I got was quite good, my mums off on holiday from work and Ross asked for it off. We'll all be piling in the room! haha

My oh is army and working 4 on 4 off shifts at the moment so we can't get a day off so will have to change the date so I need it to hurry up. Aww thats good that you got them both there x

Glad it went well, sounds pretty much like mine except I didn't have the carbon monoxide test - or at least I don't think I did! x

Glad it went well, :) Hope time flies so your scan comes round quick, :) x

Yay sounds good

My midwife at booking in was shit!

She basically answered all my questions ..... No mental health issues, no depression (I'm like uhhhowdo you know!)
I forget the questions on oh but again she was like partner not from abroad no ....

She took several phone calls, didn't give me a pack and didn't get me to sign medical cert for free medical care.

Annoying!! Xxx

Last edited:
Is your midwife nice Nicola?
Xx

I've had two appointments and met 3 different midwifes, I don't think I'll get the same one every time. There are two who attend the doctors clinic which I've to book myself in for at various times and neither of the two I met today were those. The women seemed nice though but at the end she was writing another bit of paper and put my E.D.D as Jan 14 but because they were talking she ignored me saying this was wrong twice so I gave up.:wall2:

Yay sounds good

My midwife at booking in was shit!

She basically answered all my questions ..... No mental health issues, no depression (I'm like uhhhowdo you know!)
I forget the questions on oh but again she was like partner not from abroad no ....

She took several phone calls, didn't give me a pack and didn't get me to sign medical cert for free medical care.

Annoying!! Xxx

I didn't get asked about depression or anything and I've suffered from that and anxiety for years soo.. She basically went through my notes and mentioned what I was getting tested for and asked if it was okay for these then said about benefits of breastfeeding, quickly went over everything in pack, just asked if I knew my E.D.D didn't ask my last period or anything. Bloods was quite horrible though, I don't mind needles but this woman put it in my arm then had to keep wiggling it about for my blood to come out properly, started feeling woozy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back