Booking in appt?

luratraloora

Reaction score
I am 4 weeks today... is it too early to go book my booking in appt with the Midwife? I know the don't see you until 8/9 weeks which isn't a problem, I thought get it booked now as I can imagine it books up quite quickly... suggestions???

I booked mi s at 5 weeks but she didn't see me till 8. Everyone us different depending on their area though. Dud you see your doctor yet?

Noo... I saw them last time all they did was make a note on my records, give me a leaflet and send me off to book an appt with the Midwife :p

I would book your appointment now , if you are working you could book the time off in advance.

I found out at 6 weeks and booked my appointment the same day, my booking in app weren’t until I was 10 weeks though.

Congrats on your pregnancy : )

Thank you I'll get it booked. I think I'm worrying about tempting fate if I book it too soon... silly I know lol.

See when I saw a dr they weighed me, booked me into the hospital and took a urine sample maybe its best to inform your doctor even if its by phone.

Last edited:
See when I saw line they weighed me, booked me into the hospital and took a grime sample maybe ra beat to inform your doctor even if its by phone.

Are you based in the UK? All thats done by the Midwife are the booking in appt isnt it?

Yeah in in the uk. Yeah Hess all that then he info went to the midwife to make booking in faster/ he also checked my blood pressure.

After that he sent me to see the midwife t an information session where I got my notes and things and made me booking appointment. They also gave me numbers to ring and info about a drop in session in case I'm worried about anything

I have already booked mine for last week of August as I workd in a school and 8 weeks is in sept I asked if they would do a week elegantly to avoid me having time off work I don't want to arise suspicion as soon as I go back x

I told work about my pregnancy but I had to disclose it in order for them to make working safe for me so I get paid for my appointments :)

Thank you I'll get it booked. I think I'm worrying about tempting fate if I book it too soon... silly I know lol.

I am now 14 weeks and still feel like i am tempting fate ,I am just a bag of nerves really. But at my 6 weeks and 12 weeks scan my baby was fine .

I told work about my pregnancy but I had to disclose it in order for them to make working safe for me so I get paid for my appointments :)

Aahh what do you do? I'm a Secretary so hoping I can get away with not telling work until I had my 12 week scan :oooo:

In a support worker. We do a lot if moving and handling, lifting, 24houe shifts and dealing with people with behavioural issues.

Its great CIA now I'm in 8 he shifts and 8-4 but I'm getting moves next week and going into 9-5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back