Booking in appointment

Nickinakinoo

Reaction score
What happens? Does hubby need to be there? Do I need to take anything?

I just got a message from my midwife saying when and where so I didn't get a chance to ask and I'm slightly starting to panic

Hey! I had mine last thursday - they ask health on both sides, I took my partner with me mainly because he really wanted to be there lol - it is a long appointment, they go through everything pretty much, you get your pink notes that you have to keep with you at all times (I just keep in car lol) its quite an exciting appointment I think! xx

ps no need to panic, they also sort out what hospital you give birth at and everything xxx

Oh cool, than you Hun. My hubs is coming just because he has to drive me :D Glad you mentioned the hospital as I want to go to one that's not in our county (but still in the area) but I didn't no who to tell! This might be a stupid question but what are pink notes? I just want to get my scan date. Actually what I'm worried about most is I no I'm going to be told off for being fat and that's likely to make me cry!

I am not gonna lie, they told me off for being fat which was embarrassing - they measure your height and weight to get your BMI so you can be taken care of properly during your pregnancy.

Pink notes are like hospital notes, all to do with your pregnancy and you have to take them when you go for scans, doctors, midwife appointments etc. they are needed when you go into labour, and theres even a section where you can write your birth plan in the notes hehe!

You will have to pee in a pot at your booking and every midwife appointment after that lol which is a bitch to remember to do!

I can't remember what else, if I think of anything I will tell you lol xx

Hospitals local to me have white notes at mine and green ones at the other, where I did my training placements :)

Hospitals local to me have white notes at mine and green ones at the other, where I did my training placements :)

I had green notes for my daughter but now they've changed to white. Didn't like the change lol but the new white ones include all the paper work for the labour and after, which use to be separate. So makes sense to have them all together. x

The large A4 booklet varies in colour :)

My notes were Blue and came in a plastic 'folder' (really just a blue flexible plastic back and see through front cover) when I had my last 2 babies.

Now the notes are green and you don't get a folder LOL.

Edited to add that I remember a space for the birth plan with my last baby, but this time round I can't see any space for it in these notes - there are loads of pages to write stuff down at the back though, so maybe that's where they expect you to write it. Not too sure. Might have another flick through, see if I missed it.

Last edited:
Hi ladies i have mines on sunday.
What sort of things do they ask you? I cant remember with my son it was so long ago x

I didn't take my partner and he would not really need to be there, but up to the individual :) They mainly fill in a load of paper work, I think at that appointment they did urine/bloods,weight, check family history, ask about previous pregnancies, medical history check, talk about diet and foods to avoid etc. Then give you your notes and book you on to the hospital system so they can send you a date for your 12 week scan. x

My booking appointment is at 10+5 next week. I got the letter for that appointment and a letter for my scan at the same time. Scan is 12 weeks exactly for me.

Booking appointment is about 1.5 hours long. Goes into a lot of detail about medical history, family history and any previous pregnancies. I have a form to fill in to take to mine. I'm not taking husband and there isn't really a need - they also ask you if you are related to your husband or subject to domestic violence, so presume they would have to ask them to leave room if you did take them.

My booking appointment is at 10+5 next week. I got the letter for that appointment and a letter for my scan at the same time. Scan is 12 weeks exactly for me.

Booking appointment is about 1.5 hours long. Goes into a lot of detail about medical history, family history and any previous pregnancies. I have a form to fill in to take to mine. I'm not taking husband and there isn't really a need - they also ask you if you are related to your husband or subject to domestic violence, so presume they would have to ask them to leave room if you did take them.

When I had my DS they asked me in front of my husband if I suffered from domestic violence, I literally laughed and said look at him he's too sweet to hurt a fly

My OH didn't come with me but I looked into what would happen/be asked before the appointment and made sure we checked his family history so I knew his answers when she asked!

I had mine at 6 weeks, she asked loads of q's about my health and history. She took my blood pressure, wee sample and a blood test x

I went without OH for my first appointment. He would have been so bored. Just lots and lots of questions about my health and lifestyle. Weighed, measured, bloods taken, urine sample taken. Chose my maternity unit (from two options both similar distance away from where I live). Instructions on what to eat / what not to eat. Outline of what other appointments / scans I could expect to have throughout the pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back