Booking appointment??

Kiki83

Reaction score
hi there,

I was just wondering when the first maternity appointment is? I have called my doctor and they said that I would not be seen until I'm 13-16 weeks. Has anyone else had their first appointment earlier? I think its awful that they wont see me at 8 weeks to make sure everything is ok!

What does everyone else think?

Thanks
xx

Hi Kiki,

Congratulations.

So, every county is different by the sound of it.

Where I live I registered the pregnancy with my doctor at 6 weeks.

Midwife booking in appointment was at 9.5 weeks.

Scan was 12 weeks 4 days.

I know it sounds awful but they won't see you much earlier than 9 weeks due to the high chance of miscarry. Saying that 13 weeks is a long time to wait...

Xxx

That doesnt seem right

You are seen around 8 weeks

Because, your first scan is going to be at around 12 weeks to check baby is growing properly and you get all your initial tests done to check for any problems

I'd phone another local GP
And see what they say

The only way I can see it being so late is if they've got an influx of expecting mothers and have no space til then but otherwise it should be around the 8 week mark x

Think it's different in certain areas. I had my booking in appointment at 6 weeks and my scan at 9+5 x

I've heard that some places do the booking and the dating scan at the same time, maybe they plan to do that for you? I had my booking at 8 weeks but they don't check anything to do with the baby- checked some wee, weighed me, blood pressure etc but I had no confirmation that baby was ok until the dating scan, having said that I'd have gone mad having to wait that long to feel like anything was happening!!!

Yeah exactly. I want to know everything is ok NOW and not in 8 weeks time??? I live in Glasgow so all I can assume is that its a busy time for pregnancies - ?? I think its ridiculous that I should wait this long. I've looked in to private just to ease my mind, which again is ridiculous, when I should be saving for a new arrival.

Thanks girls

xxx

I'm nearly 10 weeks now according to my GPs calculations (have been in contact since 7th week confirmation) and have been told the midwife will 'contact me in a few weeks', so I'm currently still waiting. I most definitely feel your frustrations and think its beyond ridiculous. Especially if there are issues you wish to discuss with them as well, argh!

Oh and my area is one that I don't think would be very busy at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back