booked my appointment with doctors today....

angiemum2b

Reaction score
i thought because ive never had a problem with getting an appointment i would get one straight away...... stupid me!!! :wall:

Ive got to wait till next thursday!!!!!! how long i just want doc to confirm everything. :roll:

Once ive been i can book my scan with the paperwork she gives me. :D

Oh well never mind me being inpatient as usual!!!! :doh:

I'd not worry too much. They tend not to book in much before 8 weeks in many places. I'd be surprised if they give you a scan date so far in advance if you are only 4-5 weeks along atm. I got booked in at 8 weeks and my scan date came through when I was 10 weeks along after my MW sent off the paperwork for it.

Hope you have more luck than I did with the doc! When I asked about her confirming my pregnancy she just said "Oh... the tests you can buy in the shops are better than the ones we use anyway..." and I had to wait another 4 weeks for my dating scan. Oh well!

All the best for your appointment xx

daftscotslass said:
When I asked about her confirming my pregnancy she just said "Oh... the tests you can buy in the shops are better than the ones we use anyway..." and I had to wait another 4 weeks for my dating scan. Oh well!

But its true :lol: They use exactly the same sort of tests as you buy over the counter and often don't even worry about confirming again. My GP's practice doesn't test, they just take women at their word from a home pregnancy result.

my docs run abit different , i have to book in with doc to confirm, and then they fill in a form online with the local hospital i pick to have baby in, and send me away with the paperwork to ring the hospital to get a scan date.

when i had my DS i had to wait for the scan letter to come throught the post, then when i fell PG in june this year i had to do it all myself.
it was quite strange really because it all changed in the matter of a year!!! :shock:

Hi hun. I could get DH to pick up a urine pot for me and then he dropped it off again the next day. I didn't have to go in and see the dr personally. I rang up the following day and they told me that I was pregnant :D They wouldn't book me an appt with the midwife till I was 8 weeks, so I have got an appt on 16th Jan.

Could you not do the same?

Xxx

i wished i could but they said i had to see a dr to confirm and then i'll be pre-booked in with the M/w for after my first scan. :D

i wont see my midwife until after my scan. :D

I think i want to see the dr to talk to her about some things that went on with my M/C which im petrefied will happen again this time. i just hope not and that this will be sticky bean :pray: :pray: :pray:

Your lucky :lol: I rang doctors for an appointment to confirm it yesterday and couldn't get an appointment with him til 15th jan! I'll be 8 weeks by then, kicking myself now for not ringing for an appointment before christmas

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gzmndrea
Back