Booked a holiday! What's the essentials!??!!

twinkles

Reaction score
Anyone tell me the things we definitely need?! X

I guess it depends on where you're going. If its Europe then you can get most things in the supermarkets. Although you may pay more money for them.

Important stuff for us is toys and things J is used to everyday.

Ohhh where you off to Hun?

We've just got back from Turkey so I can give you an idea of what we took:
Wipes x 5
Nappies x 30
Swim nappies x 12
Fruit pouches (perfect for freezer/fridge when babes are hot)
Snacks - crisps, raisins
Porridge
Couple of bottles + one lot of formula
5xbottles ready made formula for travelling
Bowl and spoons
Water bottles x2 (lucky I had a spare as B broke one)
0.5 tog sleeping bag but went without most nights as hot
Monitor
1 x cot sheet
1 x cellular blanket
2 x sandals
7 x shorts
7 x t shirts
4 x vests (in case too hot for pjs)
4 x pjs
2 x swim trunks
Hand and face wipes
2 X factor 50 sun cream
Water spray - great for cooling down
Muslins - used to cover B when the sun was on him
Hats
Toothbrush, toothpaste
Body wash and shampoo and flannel
Hooded beach towel
Bath towel
Water shoes

Biggest essential - ipad! Distracted B whilst flying or queuing at the airport, just downloaded lots of apps and cartoons.
My friend had comforters for her boys.
First aid kit - thermometer, nurofen, teething essentials etc
Savlon

Can't think what else at the moment but this was based on a weeks stay and B being 11 months. We also blw so he ate what we ate but porridge was handy for early breakfast before we went out for a full English!

I didn't bother with toys, just one teething toy and brought a few bits out there. Also we were in a villa so hired travel cots and highchairs but you may need a booster seat. My friend took a samsonite travel cot which folds down tiny and was perfect for her 4 month old.

I've waffled sorry!

Bloody hell mrst, was there enough room for your own clothes? Lol

Lol! B had his own luggage allowance and we had a washing machine! My parents came as well so shoved a load of stuff in their suitcase. The area we were in was quite expensive for baby stuff - Aptamil formula was £22 a tub!

Clothes
Favorite toys
Essentials for bedtime (bunny, seahorse etc if she has)
Grobag
A light blanket
Toothbrush
Swim/ sun related
Paracet, teething gel, thermometer
Bottles, a formula tube
Spoons, bibs, jars if she uses

I suppose if you are not in a all in resort and you are close to towns (if abroad as otherwise no problem) you can skip all nappies, jars etc and get them from there.

We are just back from vacation that's what we had, one thing that we didn't had and I needed was mosquito repellent.

We need a lot of photos of breagh please!!!

I go in 8 weeks for 2 weeks to tennerife. So im going to stalk this hehe. Thanks. :) xx

tapatalking

Off to Ibiza for 11 days! Fab ideas girls!! X

Calpol or similar. I live in a part of the world where I wouldn't be happy to give my baby the local calpol equivalent if the need arose.

I'm off to tenerife on Friday so glad I've seen this thread as there are a couple of things I've completely forgotten about!

Mummy to Ella 18/11/11
Baby number 2 due 17th Dec 2013

I'm off to tenerife on Friday so glad I've seen this thread as there are a couple of things I've completely forgotten about!

Mummy to Ella 18/11/11

Oooooh. Will you have a quick squinty in the supermarkets and tell me if its expensive for nappies wipes amd aptamil follow on? My baby doesnt have luggage allowances and we are away for 2 whole weeks! Eeek. I cant travel light so I can see this being unbelievable if I have to take everything xx

tapatalking

Mummy to Ella 18/11/11

Oooooh. Will you have a quick squinty in the supermarkets and tell me if its expensive for nappies wipes amd aptamil follow on? My baby doesnt have luggage allowances and we are away for 2 whole weeks! Eeek. I cant travel light so I can see this being unbelievable if I have to take everything xx

tapatalking

I had to buy a pack of wipes 3.50 euros!! For 1 packet!!!! I didn't look at nappies or milk but I think they would be expensive too. K didn't have an allowance either but I used our handluggage. For all of his stuff... It's hard!! Xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well I've just paid £70 for 20kg for me and B and oh has 15kg at £50 to fit his stuff and any thing we can't fit in my case!!!! Madness!!!

My mums just said the 3 adults get 22kg and 10kg hand luggage. So she says that should be enough to put all Daisy's stuff in hand luggage. I'm not taking loads for me as we have a washing machine in the apartment and I never wear half of it anyway. Not like this is a holiday where I will be out partying. I'm sure a few maxi dresses will do!

That's a hellish price for wipes carrie! Going to put some away in a case now. I'm paranoid about some one else's travel cot. Yuck. Hate e ought but can't take that!! Did anyone take their angelcare? My mum seems to think that's OTT!!! Don't want to not have it though. Xxx

Bloody hell we had a 50kg plus 5kg each for hand luggage and we only just managed! Although I prob took more clothes than I needed as always!!! Just got back from majorca and everything was expensive!!! Take what you can xx

Ooooh, we are off to Majorca in September :dance:

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

XX

A little tip, order nappys and formula from boots online and collect from airport store (assuming there is one) that way they dnt count in your luggage allowance and take up lots of room x

My mums just said the 3 adults get 22kg and 10kg hand luggage. So she says that should be enough to put all Daisy's stuff in hand luggage. I'm not taking loads for me as we have a washing machine in the apartment and I never wear half of it anyway. Not like this is a holiday where I will be out partying. I'm sure a few maxi dresses will do!

That's a hellish price for wipes carrie! Going to put some away in a case now. I'm paranoid about some one else's travel cot. Yuck. Hate e ought but can't take that!! Did anyone take their angelcare? My mum seems to think that's OTT!!! Don't want to not have it though. Xxx

I took the angelcare.... Craig thought I was nuts but I told him to shut it! I took hardly any clothes, I live in bikinis and sundresses in the day, we were back in the apartment by 8.30 latest at night! I just took my own cot sheet for the travel cot. Xxx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Deffo take formula if you need it - I ran out in France and cheapest I could get was 17 euros for a supermarket own brand, and I couldn't find SMA anywhere - went to 4 huge supermarkets!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back