book recommendations

confuzed 88

Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone recommend a baby recipe book, like for info on baby first foods, weaning etc.
my hubby is totally against me giving him anything from a box.. what cam i get him started on thats fresh and can b done at home?
thanks x

Are you doing traditional weaning or baby led? For traditional I've heard annabel karmel's books are good (I think that's her name) if you're doing baby led then I liked Gill rapleys baby led weaning cook book x

im going to sound like a real coconut lol but what is the difference between traditional and baby led weaning?

Baby led weaning waits until baby is 6 months old and is given food that isn't puréed, just food exactly as we would eat it and isn't spoon fed, just allowed to get on with it themselves. Traditional weaning is puréed food that is spoon fed to baby and ages vary from parent to parent.

I have bought the Gill Rapely book and so far its a good read...my LO is only 14 weeks so im just swatting up on both the options but im definately swayed to the BLW

I'm biased but I loved blw and would recommend it to everyone who had full term babies!!!! Lol x x

I've never given Jack food from a jar, always cooked my own food for him, first of all I started with any veggies boiled up & blended with either potato or sweet potato. I also stewed apples, pears, blueberries, raspberries (need to seive out the seeds), mango etc and blended it to make my own fruit mixtures. Then I froze them in ice cube trays and transfered the cubes to freezer bags when frozen. Now Jack's 6.5mths he eats meat, fish & dairy etc and I still do the same as before. When he's 7mths i'm going to introduce slightly lumpier meals to him as well as finger foods. I always give him some of what we have on his tray but so far he's only poked at it, not eaten any of it. He enjoys sucking on grapes, tangerines, carrot and parsnip if we help him x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back