Boobs haven't grown..

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Mrsmac1507, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Mrsmac1507

Mrsmac1507 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who's boobs haven't got any bigger during pregnancy? Im 38 weeks. Im a DD cup anyway so they're not exactly small. Iv also not had any leakages either. I'm just *
    wondering if this has any bearing on the ability to breastfeed. Do I have any milk in there at all?

2. Anna456

Anna456 Well-Known Member

Mine haven't grown either and as a A/B cup this is most disappointing!
    Your milk doesn't come in until 24 hours - 72 hours after your baby is born so please don't worry about that! Some women leak colostrum now but not all women do - if I squeeze my boobs a teeny tiny bit comes out but not a leak as such but I don't think if you don't have this is affects your ability to breast feed at all x

3. Juice

Juice Well-Known Member

My boobs aren't any bigger and the most 'leakage' I've had is a bit of white crust on my nipples.
    I posted a thread about this the other day and all the ladies who replied had different experiences with their boobs, so I'm guessing it's all normal :)

4. umbongo

umbongo Well-Known Member

You don't need big boobs to bf, it makes no difference. And like has been said actual milk takes a few days after baby which is why bf is a challenge at first as baby can't get much for a while. Perseverance is key!
    Don't worry xxx

5. Kelly450

Kelly450 Well-Known Member

Mine havent grown. Although my back size went up. 34D to 36D. Fine by me. Don't want bigger boobs. Had plenty of leaking though! Lol xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

6. EmiLou123

EmiLou123 Well-Known Member

Hi ladies :) my boobs never leaked when I was pregnant but was perfectly able to bf my lo. Milk came in on day 3 I think xxx

tapatalking x

7. buggy1

buggy1 Well-Known Member

I've only gone up one cup size and had the tiniest drops of leakage but I'm told it makes no difference, your milk can come in after you give birth. I think it is extremely rare to not have enough milk to bf, the reason why it doesn't work out most of the time is because the latch isn't right.

8. glowing

glowing Well-Known Member

Mine have only gone up a cup size and some crustiness at times but no leaking. It has absolutely no bearing on the sucessfulness of breast feeding so don't fret.

9. Mrsmac1507

Mrsmac1507 Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies, I didn't particularly want them to get any bigger anyway, so hopefully they won't deflate much either afterwards. However my oh says it's his one disappointment of the pregnancy, as I promised him giant
    Boobs , ha. I know it's very unusual not to be able to bf at all but it's just another one of my irrational anxieties.

10. BunnyN

BunnyN Well-Known Member

My boobs didn't really get bigger in pregnancy but I also lost quite a bit of weight in early pregnancy and they didn't get smaller. They have grown since I started feeding. I didn't get much leakage, even when milk came in. Exclusively BFing and supply has been fine.

#10 BunnyN, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  11. JoeyClare

JoeyClare Well-Known Member

I really didn't want to get any bigger as they were big enough, but I have grown a little. It could have been worse I guess! I've just started leaking a bit in the last week or so. The leaking does seem to be getting a bit worse in my left boob, my right hardly leaks at all. I told my mum and she had a good laugh, but she told me she didn't leak at all before we were born and she breastfed me and my 2 brothers with no problems.

12. L2310

L2310 Well-Known Member

Everyone keeps telling me about the three day boom lol. Apparently that's when all the milk comes in and they balloon haha - I hope mine don't too much though, I'm already in a size G which was the biggest size they had in
    Mothercare and there ain't exactly much room left for growth either! Xx

13. Corrinne37

Corrinne37 Well-Known Member

oh yes just wait until breastfeeding!! They will surely grow then!! xx

14. k8_005

k8_005 Well-Known Member

Though they aren't bigger right now I hear when your milk does come in they will inflate known as engorgeoment so tell hubby to look forward to then instead to start with a baby needs 5ml 1teaspoon of Colustrum to live so you don't get ur milk till a few days later even up to a week I think x

15. giz

giz Well-Known Member

Definitely not. I didn't leak at all with my first until my milk came in (4 days after birth) and I had an abundance of breast milk. Technically my boobs did get bigger as I went from a 36c to 38c. So thats only one cup size really. Same this time so far.

----------------
    baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
    next one due 12th Aug 2013

16. Constantstar

Constantstar Well-Known Member

Im usually an a cup and im prob a b cup now at a push x

mummy to ds 11/7/11
    pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

17. Rachel80

Rachel80 Well-Known Member

Mine are exactly the same, no change & no leakage either. But I have got implants so maybe that's why!x

18. BevG

BevG Well-Known Member

mine havent changed size at all, not this time or last preg, never leaked til right at the end either tho my right boob will leak a bit now if i squeeze it lol, probably cos i only stopped breastfeeding 4 months ago

19. Ammdaz

Ammdaz Well-Known Member

Mine hardly grew at all in my first pregnancy and I didn't leak either but I had plenty of milk when it came to bf and they definitely grew once my milk came in, I look back at pics of me in DS's newborn days and they are enormous! Well compared to my normal tiny boobs anyway! This time I've gone from a 34A to a 36B so not a huge increase but no leaking unless I squeeze ;-) xxx

20. Bonfire Bride

Bonfire Bride Well-Known Member

I'm usually a 34C but am now a 38DD - E (Probably an E when the milk comes in)

I quit smoking when I found out I was pregnant, so I have put on a fair amount of weight too due to replacing the nicotine with food :) x