Boo hoo hoo :-(

SpinSugar

Reaction score
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23341504

Heat wave plan steps up to next level.

The only good thing about this is at least I'm not at work, having to deal with the medical consequences of this.

And I've heard that all this heat is helping babies drop left right and centre. I still have up to 5 weeks to go though!

Xx

I've been told the heat is making a lot of babies early/not go over too.... fingers crossed none of us go over!

The worst thing at the moment is the humidity.. I can handle the sun and a lovely day but when it's overcast and just sweaty... yuck!

I hope that is true, I'm 38 weeks on Friday and don't know how much longer I can cope!

as much as I want baby here (2 days until due date!) I am also petrified of having a new born in this kind of heat, at the moment I am getting some sleep as I have a desk fan but I don't think I will sleep at all with a new born il be too scared they are too warm xx

I'm the same Tilly - would love baby here now but everyone who I've talked to with babies at the moment is really struggling in the heat getting them comfortable etc (plus they can't wear all thier cute clothes as its too hot!)
So maybe they are better wombside for the time being. Plus the labour wards must be boiling!!! X

Ooo i hadnt heard it brings babies eatlier!

Im 39 + 1 today and im ready to hav him now...lost plug yest so we will see if heat brings him on :)

Xxx

Lovely to have some summer sun for a change xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

I've not heard the heat brings babies earlier either. Let's hope this is right then :) Anytime now would be nice baby :) And I just hope the delivery room has lots and lots of fans xx

Our labour ward/birth centre has air con and I plan to use the pool so it will be a nice day out lol

Much as I am super uncomfortable like all of us preggie ladies, I do think we love to make a big fuss in this country. These temperatures are absolutely nothing compared to what they have elsewhere in the world - in some countries this would count as a cool day.

People need to be sensible and stay out of the sun at the hottest part of the day and stay hydrated.

I am just thankful I am not working in the kitchen, like the chef at my restaurant. We measured the temperature in there and it is 58 degrees!!! It is absolutely scorching, and I'm running out of ideas to cool it down. We have fans going everywhere (plus a massive extraction and induction unit). All my bloody fridges are going to blow up at this rate, as you can hear them all groaning under the strain!

I think it's a different kind of heat here though, where I am it's often quiet heavy heat, (although I'm in a cooler bit than most of you). Plus when your abroad everywhere has air con and stuff so it becomes easier to cool down inside.

I'd love it if it meant bump came quicker, but DD1 is quite grumpy with the heat, so dunno that I want that with 2 babies lol

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

I think it's a different kind of heat here though, where I am it's often quiet heavy heat, (although I'm in a cooler bit than most of you). Plus when your abroad everywhere has air con and stuff so it becomes easier to cool down inside.

I'd love it if it meant bump came quicker, but DD1 is quite grumpy with the heat, so dunno that I want that with 2 babies lol

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Yes, I was going to say countries that are hotter, or hot more often, have air con everywhere. We don't really need it over here normally so not many places have it. It's the same with snow, there is no point in the country spending lots of money for equipment to clear a few days of snow!

Not only do they have a/c and things like that, their days are set up to help people avoid the hotest part of the day. Have to say I have really struggled the last 2 days as I have been doing activities outside with my classes (I am a teacher). Luckily I had a free period this afternoon and I sat in my room with a fan blasting in my face and my feet up and achived precisly nothing! I have Rounders for 2 hours tommorow, trip to Harry Potter Studios on friday and then pver the weekend I am assessing a DofE expedition - I think I am going to die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (slight OTT there!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back