Bonding before birth

Tiny Sue

Reaction score
Hey guys...

Any thoughts on bonding before birth? I have heard of people reading to the bump and playing music, but does anyone just touch their bellies when baby moves or kicks and does baby seem to respond? My husband stroked my tum lastnight and baby seemed to respond to the pressure by kicking out in the same place. A trifle fanciful perhaps?

As well as that, I'm wondering if I would actually bond as well with a little boy as I would with a little girl? Weird huh?

Sue

I sang Bah Bah Blacksheep to Dominic everyday when he was in the belly as they say the baby will remember these frequent tunes and when they are born if you sing them they relax.

It didn't work really, but I still sing it anyway.

I know it sounds cynical but I don't think any of that stuff works.

Worth a go though.

I think you can pick up a bond pretty early on.

The other day my Hubby and I were layed in bed and I said "if daddy is mean to mummy kick him" and he did "So i said thats wasn't very hard I said kick him hard" an he kicked harder, we played for about 10 minutes!

The baby responds very well to my voice my hubbies voice is a bit quite for him some times I think, If I tell the baby to stop kicking my bladder, he does (for a while) and if I stroke my belly he calms down. So I think the can interact very well even before they are born! Also they can like certain songs you play and maybe don't wriggle when you play others!

Being Pregnant is cool!

I agree with you bob - I feel very bonded to this baby. She's started responding to my voice in the last week and kicks if I sing loudly to her (not sure if she's pleased or telling me to shut up. I carry on regardless).

The only thing we really argue about is a pair of knees (i think) in the lower right hand side of my abdomen. They create a similar burning feeling to when you bang your funny bone. I think there are better places to put them and she disagrees. :?

I still cannot fatham out if he is kicking or thumping I get them aat the same time on both sides of my bellly and mainly very low down, feels like hes going to push out! (Nice if it could be that easy!) But he likes hitting or kicking, nice now that I can see it too now! I''m sure I will suffer more when he gets bigger!

My friend used to watch Eastenders religiously throughout her pregnancy and now, when her baby cries, she puts the Eastenders theme tune on and she swears he calms down straight away!

Blimey I must be the only one who didn't feel a bond with bambino while preggers - lol - I have made up for it now though ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back