boi degradable nappies

Geordie&Bairn

Reaction score
Ive decided to use desposable after much thought
But i wont to use bio degradable enviromently friendly nappies
Ive heard about NATURE BABYCARE nappies
Has anyone else used them and are thay any good?.
The cost seems to be the same as other nappies
I want to know if thay work practicaly like other nappies

I have bought these this time (nature baby) tests on them show they are very absorbent for boys (they got 5 stars) and slightly less so for girls. I have to admit to buying pampers new baby though for the first few weeks as they absorb everything!

I have bought these also - I am going to use reusables but will use these for the first couple of weeks - no experience yet though sorry

I had reusables last time around- never again! - sorry environment!!

Actually on independant studies bio degradable nappies and cloth nappies come out equal in terms on impact on the enviroment. due to the water and electricity consumption with washables

I have used the ones from sainsburys (only place i can find them) the nature baby ones they are fantastic never had a problem with them. I have also used a more expensive variety that you get in health food shops called Moltex these too are very good but don't perform any better than the nature baby one that are half the price.

Babywipes area real concern to the enviroment though.........THEY DO NOT BIODEGRADE even the BOIDEGRADABLE take years (have cosmic hippy friends who have put them on a compost heap!!!!)
Cotton wool and water is best i reckon......i have some packs of washable babywipes which are great for when your not at home after you have got the worst off with water..... :D

I use reusables but when we are away from home and for the first month we use/d Natures Babies - they are super absorbent for my DD and I really really like them. I don't find them that expensive, only hard to find (Boots, Mothercare and Sainsburys).

Valentine Xxx

Yes we use them, find them very good. Use eco-friendly wet wipes and bags from www.naturebotts.co.uk - no problems so far and they are reasonably priced.

Good luck!

Natural mamma said:
Babywipes area real concern to the enviroment though.........THEY DO NOT BIODEGRADE even the BOIDEGRADABLE take years

Oooo dont like the sound of that - how can they say they are biodegradeble if they are not :shakehead: :shakehead:

They probably are biodegradable but it takes a really long time...My friends put some in their compost and a year later they were still intact....NOT what you'd expect with those posh organic jobbies....... :shock:

I am going to use bio degradable nappies - the Nature ones u get from Sainsbury's, Mothercare and Boots. I've bought a pack of newborn ones. My Sainsbury's doesn't sell newborn or size 1 ones though and I don't have a local mothercare. Hoping boots sell them - failing that I can order online from boots.

I am going to use reusables though - just having disposable ones for the 1st week so I can get used to it all.

My mum uses the Nature ones with my nephew when he is round - he is 1 and a half now and they are fab with him. Much better than Huggies which leak if he has had them on for too long.

I also have biodegradable nappy bags that I got from Morrisons but u can get them from loads of places.

I used bio degradables for a bit but I bught a load from a ethical living fair..and haven't found any since..you shouldhave a look round,se if anyone does them locally,I know my mums friend used to sell them independantly

we use them and they are really good,no leaks or anything.

I used the nature ones when we were on holiday for a week and they are fine - very absorbant and no leaks. Maybe its just what you get used to but I much prefer my reusables - the dirty nappies don't smell as much with reusables and her bum seems a much healthier colour. I only use the disposables if there is no access to a washing machine.

that's all really good to know - thanks everyone. we don't have anywhere to store or dry reusables, so until we move house, i'm gonna be using the nature babycare nappies. glad to hear that they're ok! :):)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back